Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 10-28-2015, 03:17 PM   #1411
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Yea a lot of details are being washed out by the camera and lighting along with some distortion.

Why is it that the first in hand pics people get to see are always taken the ----tyest way possible?

marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 03:21 PM   #1412
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
Why is it that the first in hand pics people get to see are always taken the ----tyest way possible?
Tell me about it dude. All you have to do is take her out, stand her up, hold your phone from about three feet away and zoom in a little. That's it.

Here's another shot of the proto where you can easily tell the light from above is affecting how pronounced her eyebrows look. They look terrific in this shot. Can't say the same as the in-hand picture from the previous page.

AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 03:24 PM   #1413
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Could be the angle of that in-hand pic making her eyebrows look off too. I recall some of the early pics of Shanna were throwing people off. They were making her look sad or bored. Was a different story once proper pics started showing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
That's a terrible picture of her. Taken way too close and with a phone; however, that doesn't exclude her eyebrows from looking different than the prototype. I looked up Google images of her and the eyebrows are night and day, according to that in-hand picture. They need more of an arc to give her that -----y expression she has on the prototype. I have to say, I'm not really digging these first pictures.

Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 03:25 PM   #1414
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
Yep. No need to panic yet. This happens every time with the first in hand pics. Looks like some bad lens distortion and lighting going on there.
LOL....yes, don't panic yet. 3+ year wait, and an average output....who'da thought?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 03:30 PM   #1415
Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
LOL....yes, don't panic yet. 3+ year wait, and an average output....who'da thought?
That's a bit early to say, isn't it? Based off one subpar photo?
Old 10-28-2015, 03:40 PM   #1416
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
That's a bit early to say, isn't it? Based off one subpar photo?
Indeed.

However, as others have said, that "subpar" photo still shows a reasonable portrait. Just not outstanding, which is what I was expecting for such a long wait.

The picture is not subpar.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 04:02 PM   #1417
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Her eyes seem more vibrant in the production piece which i'm a fan of. I get these on friday. I'll take proper pics.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:10 PM   #1418
Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Indeed.

However, as others have said, that "subpar" photo still shows a reasonable portrait. Just not outstanding, which is what I was expecting for such a long wait.

The picture is not subpar.
Then I'll have to disagree with you and "others". The poor angle, apparent lens distortion, and low lighting all define that in-hand photo as being subpar, in my opinion. If you and others think it's a reasonable representation, great. I'll wait for some more pics before passing judgment.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:15 PM   #1419
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Gotta wait for better pictures of her too. That first headshot isn't enough. I'd like too see decent shots of the rest of her too before I commit.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 04:27 PM   #1420
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Ugh, now I wish that I wouldn't post that pic in the first place. I personally think that for a shabby quick pic the face looks absolutely fine. I know that it's typical for people to panic, especially if the wait for that piece you've been waiting for seems like forever. I'm fairly new to this hobby and so early in the game I got stung by rather poor quality products, that i won't mention here.
Obviously I want her to look good so I could pull the trigger and order her. We need a proper photo shoot, and I'm guessing it won't be long now.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote