Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-16-2018, 01:40 PM   #301
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Alien, Predator and Carpenter’s The Thing were all thriller/slasher movies with sci-fi background and some supporting action. All the modern movies are action flicks. Cameron made Aliens, a great action flick, and since then, Hollywood chooses only to follow that model.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 02:31 PM   #302
ONEYE
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxkWJcFhfkE
ONEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:33 PM   #303
ONEYE

Change Shane Black's name to SHAME Black. I'm surprised "Inspector Gadget" didn't come out of the pod.
Old 09-16-2018, 03:52 PM   #304
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

Well - it's took a fair bit of its supposed $88 million budget back already - http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...orldwide-debut
"20th Century Fox‘s The Predator opened in the #1 position at the domestic box office, bagging a trophy to the tune of $24.2 million for the three day weekend. This is on par with 2010’s Predators (the last entry in the series), and just under the original Predator‘s opening weekend when factoring in inflation adjustments (the film opened to $12 million in June of 1987, equal to $26.6 million in 2018). Internationally the film added another $30 million for a global total of $54 million . . . "
. . . I can see this nosediving over the next week though.

In further news . . .
" . . . A GoFundMe page has been set up to hire a contract killer to "remove" Director Shane Black, co-writer Fred Dekker, and (as yet unnamed) Fox executives . . . "

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 11:04 PM   #305
HeavyMetalSpike

Not safe for work + politically incorrect + contains a couple of spoilery-type-thingies - but it's LYAO funny . . .

Hitler Reacts To Shane Blacks Predator Movie . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRhJ9mambss

Old 09-17-2018, 12:33 PM   #306
ONEYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post

Not safe for work + politically incorrect + contains a couple of spoilery-type-thingies - but it's LYAO funny . . .

Hitler Reacts To Shane Blacks Predator Movie . . .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRhJ9mambss
Best line, "I just got over Terminator Genisys."
Old 09-17-2018, 02:57 PM   #307
BLACK OPS
The Herculoids

Such a mess of a movie and a waste of my time and money.
BLACK OPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 03:56 AM   #308
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

It wasn't good for sure... :/ They changed the purpose of The Predators to be able to make more squels... lame. They should be here just for the hunt... That's what they do, they come and hunt for sport.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 10:28 AM   #309
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Sorry guys. I know you were hopeful. I don't want to add salt to the injury. I'll just say, again, I saw it coming a mile away so I avoided it. The problem with hollywood right now is that instead of creating the movies they want to, they kept neutering their movies to be kid friendly. It's a serious disease for the high grade film industry. I don't know about any of you, but those 80s and 90s and early 2000s movies were cool and awesome to me because they were adult themed. Or I should say, they didn't neuter their movies for a PG13 or less rating if their goal was to make a good movie for teenagers and adults to enjoy.

I don't want to blame super hero movies for this as I feel the PG13 era started before them but I may be very wrong on that. We probably can thank Nolan's Batman bare minimum. Possibly Spiderman movies. The problem with R movies around that time was studios were flopping because of the rehashes and they, like a room full of politicians, made dumb connections and assumptions, and here we are until DEADPOOL when they were all like, oh ---- R does sell. Who knew?

#@%%&%*@%#^&!!!!!!!!
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 01:21 PM   #310
HeavyMetalSpike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Sorry guys. I know you were hopeful. I don't want to add salt to the injury. I'll just say, again, I saw it coming a mile away so I avoided it. The problem with hollywood right now is that instead of creating the movies they want to, they kept neutering their movies to be kid friendly. It's a serious disease for the high grade film industry. I don't know about any of you, but those 80s and 90s and early 2000s movies were cool and awesome to me because they were adult themed. Or I should say, they didn't neuter their movies for a PG13 or less rating if their goal was to make a good movie for teenagers and adults to enjoy.

I don't want to blame super hero movies for this as I feel the PG13 era started before them but I may be very wrong on that. We probably can thank Nolan's Batman bare minimum. Possibly Spiderman movies. The problem with R movies around that time was studios were flopping because of the rehashes and they, like a room full of politicians, made dumb connections and assumptions, and here we are until DEADPOOL when they were all like, oh ---- R does sell. Who knew?

#@%%&%*@%#^&!!!!!!!!
Sorry bud - I have no idea what this has to do with "The Predator" ?