Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 09-06-2018, 02:44 PM   #41
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Wow, DC Entertainment has it for ONLY $300 more.....WTF!?!?!?

https://www.shopdcentertainment.com/...0x26f48xsge3c0
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 02:48 PM   #42
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 06:06 PM   #43
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

That homegrown markup.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 06:00 PM   #44
gearhead
The Herculoids

After really waffling over all the pics of this and the P1 Lobo I think I'm gonna order this and pass on the P1. Price and scale are certainly factors, but the main reason is simply that the IS Lobo looks more like Lobo to me. Plus this sculpt really is fun to look at, so much going on! The P1 is amazing, and there's no denying the hyper realism of it, but something about the face and hair is just off to me. Maybe because it's base on Injustice, which I've never played, but it just doesn't look right - to me. Meanwhile the IS looks like Lobo literally drove his bike off the cover of a comic. And I like the variety in the three heads. Add to all that I already have the SS Lobo and Dawg so I feel I'm good in that department. One last thing, even though it's 1/6, it's not small. Lay out a tape and look at 32"!
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 04:21 PM   #45
gearhead
The Herculoids

Just a quick shout out to IS for their Lobo. Way better than the XM copycat in my opinion.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:05 AM   #46
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Just a quick shout out to IS for their Lobo. Way better than the XM copycat in my opinion.
Copycat? Because they’re making the same character?
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:57 AM   #47
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
Copycat? Because they’re making the same character?
Yeah, good chance these were both in development at the same time and neither company had an idea what the other was doing. Plus who’s to say XM didn’t start their’s first? That being said, even if they were aware of one anther who cares? Other than being the same character and riding his trademark bike these are two VERY different interpretations. Collectors have the option to choose the one that resonates most with them and to me that’s a good thing. No need to put down one to prop up another. Simply support the one you like best.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 05:21 AM   #48
SumpaX
Doh!

Quote:
After really waffling over all the pics of this and the P1 Lobo I think I'm gonna order this and pass on the P1. Price and scale are certainly factors, but the main reason is simply that the IS Lobo looks more like Lobo to me. Plus this sculpt really is fun to look at, so much going on!
Same here, out of all the Lobo's released so far the more tempting ones like the XM-Studio Lobo on bike with the light up feature // the Prime 1 Lobo thats coming, THIS one is the closest to what Lobo in the comics is about. I only would take the prime 1 over this if I am looking for a realistic interpretation of the character. Can't wait for it :S

Next month it should start shipping right?
SumpaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 01:38 PM   #49
built2shred
Phoenix

They still have him up for pre-order at SS if anyone wants one...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 12:47 PM   #50
gearhead
The Herculoids

Lobo has arrived on his Spacehog! And let me tell you guys, this is a home run by Iron Studios. A true masterpiece. I haven't been this spun up by a statue in a long time. He is perfect! Perfect paint, perfect sculpt, assembled perfectly, and an absolute perfect representation of Lobo! This statue looks like it literally few out of the pages of a Lobo comic. All three heads are fantastic, and each very different from the others. I especially like the one ripped straight from the Lobo #1 cover by Simon Bisley. I almost cancelled this guy several times because of money or space. So, so glad I didn't! Only 250 of these bad boys, so get him while you can!

I'm gonna post some pics, but I'm no photographer and let me assure you all he's WAY better than I can capture with my iPhone. The detail, color and shading are so much better in person. And the loss from 3d to 2d is significant, meaning when you see this thing in person it's 10x more impressive.