Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 02-21-2016, 12:40 AM   #31
SONICobra
Batman

so I guess im an idiot because I just finished secret wars, decided till I had all issues so I could read at once and still found it confusing. can someone who understood what happened briefly summarize it? basically how battleworld has become a normal world again where everything is seemingly fine but different in many ways?
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 06:17 AM   #32
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

I would like to hear that explanation too!
With some of the titles I totally forget there was ever a Secret War, they start where they ended before Secret Wars.
Confusing is putting it mildly
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 10:22 PM   #33
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

It's a colossal, confusing mess. Any explanation that makes sense is one that has to be forced on this complete cluster of a story.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 10:35 PM   #34
SONICobra
Batman

lol so its not just me then, fantastic - thanks marvel!
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:31 PM   #35
XSE
Nightwing

I think it goes something like this....the whole cosmos was dying but using the power of the Molecule Man who exists in every reality (and was created by the Beyonders to eventually destroy each reality) Dr. Doom and Dr. Strange defeat the Beyonders and Doom pulls together small pieces of all the remaining realities to create Battleworld. In the process, he erases Reed from the remaining realities but keeps his family as his own. The 616 Reed survived with the Ultimate Reed on some kind of ship that was keeping them outside of reality (or something...confused yet?!?) insert overly long 9 issue mini-series and a ton of tie-ins which had NO relevance to the main story and you get to issue 9 where Reed takes the fight to Doom and wins...duh he's the hero. Then uses Molecule Man's powers to return all the realities to existence by slicing off an infinite number of Molecule Man/Men to put in each universe. Thus basically undoing Hickman's destruction of the multiverse minus the Ultimate Universe, so that Miles Morales could be in the proper MU. Oh and to prove he was a better 'god' than Doom he healed Doom's scars.

How's that for saving you a bunch of wasted money?! And clear as mud too!
XSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:33 PM   #36
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

so not worth getting the HC - or even the tpb?
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 12:03 AM   #37
ratchet
Mandarin

That sounds like a huge waste of time... Worse than age of ultron.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 01:01 AM   #38
XSE
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
so not worth getting the HC - or even the tpb?
To be honest, unlike a lot of people I enjoyed Hickman's runs on New Avengers and Avengers. Very high concept sci-fi with all the universes collapsing, the moral dilemmas of destroying one world to save another, and the mystery of the Destroyer of worlds. It got a little muddied at times but was overall well written and cohesive. Secret Wars isn't the worst thing I've ever read but it was soooooo drawn out, like everything is today, and could have used a heavy edit and like I said the minis were fun takes on what if style fan favorite moments but pointless to the overall story. And in the end it really was just another Reed vs. Doom showdown. And if Reed and company are restoring the multiverse, which is how it ended, why is the Ultimate Universe no more? Shouldn't it be restored as well? It just wasn't a satisfying ending to he build up it got from his Avengers runs and as best I can tell nullified all those runs because everything went back to normal after. I have sworn this will be my last 'Big Event', so we will see.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:04 AM   #39
XSE
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
I don't know that it was that bad, because that was terrible, but like always they promised "Earth-shattering, Universe altering ramifications, and as far as I can tell everything is back the way it was minus the Ultimate Universe, and the FF (minus Johnny and Ben) are off the table.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:22 AM   #40
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
To each his own, and everyone's entitled to his own opinion, but yes it's worse than Age of Ultron. Bad as that was at least it made some coherent sense whereas the same cannot be said for Secret Wars. Just my opinion.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote