Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 12-16-2019, 06:40 PM   #631
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Got my replacement already today - the turnaround time was fantastic. I thought I was all good.... then I saw some black thing sitting on the styrofoam. It was part of the whip. WHY???? Now I was REALLY wishing for detachable hands since I have one with an intact whip and broken cape and one that looks pretty good except for the broken whip.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 04:08 PM   #632
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I saw a Catwoman and blue Batman at my LCS and they both looked amazing! I really need to get on ordering me a Catwoman.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 04:12 PM   #633
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Just pick her up at the local shop. Supporting a small business AND no waiting for pesky shipping where she could get broken
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 04:56 PM   #634
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Just pick her up at the local shop. Supporting a small business AND no waiting for pesky shipping where she could get broken
I agree whole heartedly
I do not regret my purchase via Tweeterhead but my LCBS will let me do monthly installments so I might as well take advantage of that.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 05:16 PM   #635
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Tweeterhead is pretty much a small business, too. Plus, with the kind of support I've been getting from them with this Catwoman, I'm good. It will suck if the second replacement ends up with damage, too... I'm not even sure how this last one even happened. Maybe when the styrofoam was put over it, it hit the whip... The really sad thing is this second one looked REALLY good, otherwise. That left arm seam was barely noticeable.

I'm not sure how everyone else's LCS works - I haven't been into one around here for awhile. But, if nothing has changed buying a statue means buying something that has been on display in a store with an above-MSRP markup.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 06:16 PM   #636
mmk123

I do agree with you about Tweeterhead being a small business as well. I figure if I would order the statue via my LCBS or Sideshow or Entertainment Earth Tweeterhead is still making money

If I order something through my LCBS I would pay the retail price. My comic book store does not order any statues unless a customer would want one. They do have a small selection but they are ones that customers brought in for trade or store credit. They look to see what some have sold on EBay for and price them according to that.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:37 AM   #637
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

I received my Catwoman replacement today. The "Wanted" poster is broken again...in almost the exact same place. Also this time the tassle (I guess you'd call it) from the handle of the whip was broken off.

Did other people have broken "Wanted" posters? It almost looks like a flaw in the design of the styrofoam is pressing against it. I'll reach out to Tweeterhead again tomorrow. I could just throw up.
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 12:56 AM   #638
mmk123

Other than having a hard time inserting Catwoman into the base (which I was eventually able to get her in there damage free) mine arrived fine

Hopefully they will have another one that they can send out to you. And hopefully they’ll examine it before they do since this is the second one you received that is broken
Old 01-29-2020, 12:59 AM   #639
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Other than having a hard time inserting Catwoman into the base (which I was eventually able to get her in there damage free) mine arrived fine

Hopefully they will have another one that they can send out to you. And hopefully they’ll examine it before they do since this is the second one you received that is broken
I hope so. I just couldn't believe it when I opened the second broken one. I think time stood still. Ha.
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 02:49 AM   #640
built2shred
Phoenix

That sucks... Hopefully, 3rd time is a charm for you...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote