Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 01-22-2020, 03:37 AM   #431
Ninner
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I’m tempted to buy this piece but I’m worried because many of them arrived damaged. I have asked IS more than once to guarantee that any damaged parts will be replaced. But they keep giving the same strategic response, which is basically ‘we will check them before they ship and send photos. But we can’t guarantee the courier will deliver correctly’. This says to me that they will just blame the shipping company if it arrives damaged. But I think since they are all breaking in the same areas on the diorama, it’s a packaging issue! I want this piece but I’m worried to take such an expensive gamble!
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:23 AM   #432
karauak
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninner View Post
I’m tempted to buy this piece but I’m worried because many of them arrived damaged. I have asked IS more than once to guarantee that any damaged parts will be replaced. But they keep giving the same strategic response, which is basically ‘we will check them before they ship and send photos. But we can’t guarantee the courier will deliver correctly’. This says to me that they will just blame the shipping company if it arrives damaged. But I think since they are all breaking in the same areas on the diorama, it’s a packaging issue! I want this piece but I’m worried to take such an expensive gamble!
My piece was first delivered to Cyprus (Europe). Then he traveled through Italy, Germany and to me to Poland (where he drove through another 4 large cities). I didn't even have a small scratch on the carton.
karauak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:55 AM   #433
wayne-m0
The Spirit

yes mate IT IS A LOTTERY
wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 10:40 PM   #434
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I had 3 breakages, one on the car, the T-Rex tooth and one on the pillars. You can see some close ups here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZaFVp43rtw&t=112s

All repairs are not visible. Knowing I would get this damaged, I'd still order it, thats how much I love it. I guess what I'm saying is that if it arrives damaged, its pretty easy to repair with no visible signs.
I wouldn't stress too much about it. Its an amazing piece that you'll love forever.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:04 PM   #435
Ninner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
I had 3 breakages, one on the car, the T-Rex tooth and one on the pillars. You can see some close ups here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZaFVp43rtw&t=112s

All repairs are not visible. Knowing I would get this damaged, I'd still order it, thats how much I love it. I guess what I'm saying is that if it arrives damaged, its pretty easy to repair with no visible signs.
I wouldn't stress too much about it. Its an amazing piece that you'll love forever.
I nervously took your advise and ordered it. It’s a squeeze financially but ya only live once right !
Old 01-28-2020, 12:01 AM   #436
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninner View Post
I nervously took your advise and ordered it. It’s a squeeze financially but ya only live once right !
Thats right, mine came just before Christmas, let me tell you, it was tough going for a few weeks, but I've caught up now and was well worth it.....

Congrats on the purchase, let us know when it arrives.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 06:57 AM   #437
Ninner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
Thats right, mine came just before Christmas, let me tell you, it was tough going for a few weeks, but I've caught up now and was well worth it.....

Congrats on the purchase, let us know when it arrives.
Thank you my friend
Old 01-28-2020, 10:00 AM   #438
Lemmiwinkles
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

That’s great Ninner! Hopefully yours arrives undamaged but if it does, don’t worry about it. Get some good quality glue and most repairs will be invisible and forgotten about.

Iron Studios are still chasing FedEx for compensation for damage to my Explorer but I’m not hopeful. I’m more annoyed I paid nearly £150 in shipping for it to arrive damaged. If I had paid £30 or something I’d suck it up. However, I used a good quality flexible glue and it’s rock solid. Makes me smile every time I look at it!
Lemmiwinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 01:45 PM   #439
MikemBHD
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Cant wait to pick this up
MikemBHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 09:46 PM   #440
Vader
Ghost

did they make 293 of these sets??
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote