Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 01-22-2020, 05:53 PM   #1581
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Sometimes. I got into Omnibuses later, after Uncanny X-Force was out of print and expensive. I have the entire run but I’m still getting the 2nd printing. Straczynski’s ASM, Morrison’s New X-Men, Hickman’s FF, etc...I have the issues and the Omnibuses and keeping them all.

The runs I really like have a higher chance of me buying the Omnibus. I missed the first few issues of Y: The Last Man and didn’t go back to get them before they went up in value (big mistake on my behalf). But I have most of the run. Still, I bought the Omnibus.

I do this sometimes, too. How are you getting rid of your comics? I need to deflate my collection.
ebay or taking them to comic shops to get store credit. Some I do keep like the key issues or cool covers, I just need to free up some space in my house. The problem I have is that there are a lot of comic runs that don't have omnibuses. I was looking forward to the Byrne Man of Steele omni, but I heard that it's been cancelled.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 06:07 PM   #1582
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
ebay or taking them to comic shops to get store credit. Some I do keep like the key issues or cool covers, I just need to free up some space in my house. The problem I have is that there are a lot of comic runs that don't have omnibuses. I was looking forward to the Byrne Man of Steele omni, but I heard that it's been cancelled.
That sucks, sorry dude.

I need to try taking them to comic shops. I don’t feel like selling individually on eBay. I did a comic show and I loaded a nice amount a while ago but I’m too small to be a vendor at a comic show at this point.

But same, I keep pretty much any first appearance. And some #1s.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 12:29 PM   #1583
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
If you guys have the comics/Trades, do you still buy the Ominibus. I have all the Sensational She-Hulk Comics, and I have the trades. I have an unhealthy desire to buy the new omnibus even though I have the stories twice already..
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I have the two Silver Surfer MMWs but am picking up the omnibus and ditching the MMWs. But don’t always do this.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 12:50 PM   #1584
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I have the two Silver Surfer MMWs but am picking up the omnibus and ditching the MMWs. But don’t always do this.

All things being equal, I actually prefer reading a MMW than a bulky omnibus. Those 1000+ page ones from DC are insane. I prefer reading lying down than on a table. The ideal format for me is 400 pages or less. You can get lots of material in that amount.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 01:09 PM   #1585
Mister H
Gen 13

I have the Surfer MMWs as well but I’m also getting the omnibus and keeping both. Very few characters I would do that for. Paperbacks are easier to read but the SS omnibus won’t be really big anyway so IMO won’t be a struggle to read.
Old 01-27-2020, 03:26 PM   #1586
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Many new omnibus hardcovers scheduled to be released during the second half of 2020 into 2021: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRaN81zYFFI

To summarize the video, these are the new omnibus hardcovers scheduled:

Absolute Carnage Omnibus https://www.amazon.com/Absolute-Carn...0237280&sr=8-1
Marvel Classics Comics Omnibus https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Classi...0237231&sr=8-1
Venom Vol 3 Venomnibus
Thanos: The Infinity Saga
War of Realms Omnibus
Excalibur Vol 1 by Claremont & Davis Omnibus
Moon Knight Vol 1 Omnibus
Marvel Horror Lives Again Omnibus
Incredible Hulk by Peter David Omnibus Vol 2
Savage Sword Of Conan, The Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol 4
Infinity Crusade Omnibus
Conan The Barbarian, The Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol 5
The Marvel Cosmic Universe by Donny Cates Omnibus Vol 1
Kull Omnibus
Thunderbolts Omnibus
New Mutants Omnibus
Uncanny X-Men Vol 4 Omnibus
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 10:00 AM   #1587
Peedi
The Secret Six

Gem Mint posted a video about some new reprints as well. Uncanny Omnibus 2 & 3, X-Men Claremont/Lee 1 & 2 and Infinity War. I already have the variants for the X-Men books but this is great for those that don’t want to pay aftermarket.

Also for those that want first printings sometimes the values go down after newer printings release so you might have your chance at a cheaper first printing. Although this will be the 3rd printing for UXM Vol 2.
Old 01-30-2020, 10:06 AM   #1588
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I have the Surfer MMWs as well but I’m also getting the omnibus and keeping both. Very few characters I would do that for. Paperbacks are easier to read but the SS omnibus won’t be really big anyway so IMO won’t be a struggle to read.
Speaking of won’t be big anyway, I don’t have SS but it’s one of the older Omnibuses right? At some point the paper stock got thinner on Omnibuses. My old 1st prints of Amazing Spider-Man vol 1 and UXM vol 1 are far thicker than the reprints with thinner paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Many new omnibus hardcovers scheduled to be released during the second half of 2020 into 2021: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRaN81zYFFI

To summarize the video, these are the new omnibus hardcovers scheduled:

Absolute Carnage Omnibus https://www.amazon.com/Absolute-Carn...0237280&sr=8-1
Marvel Classics Comics Omnibus https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Classi...0237231&sr=8-1
Venom Vol 3 Venomnibus
Thanos: The Infinity Saga
War of Realms Omnibus
Excalibur Vol 1 by Claremont & Davis Omnibus
Moon Knight Vol 1 Omnibus
Marvel Horror Lives Again Omnibus
Incredible Hulk by Peter David Omnibus Vol 2
Savage Sword Of Conan, The Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol 4
Infinity Crusade Omnibus
Conan The Barbarian, The Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol 5
The Marvel Cosmic Universe by Donny Cates Omnibus Vol 1
Kull Omnibus
Thunderbolts Omnibus
New Mutants Omnibus
Uncanny X-Men Vol 4 Omnibus
Absolute Carnage
War of the Realms
Excalibur
Infinity Crusade
New Mutants
Uncanny X-Men Vol 4

Probably the Donny Cates down the line.

Don’t forget cheapgraphicnovels and instocktrades for those 40-50% off discounts during the week of release people!
Old 01-30-2020, 10:17 AM   #1589
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Gem Mint posted a video about some new reprints as well. Uncanny Omnibus 2 & 3, X-Men Claremont/Lee 1 & 2 and Infinity War. I already have the variants for the X-Men books but this is great for those that don’t want to pay aftermarket.
Ah, good. The really good X-Men stories. Some of the few Marvel Omnibus books that I need. Really need the Ron Lim Silver Surfer run to get the omnibus treatment, loved that comic as a kid.
Old 01-30-2020, 05:49 PM   #1590
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

No Jack Kirby Eternals Omnibus reprint yet, but the softcover collecting the same issues will be rereleased this summer: https://www.amazon.com/Eternals-Jack...0420751&sr=8-1

The Neil Gaiman/John Romita Jr. 2006 Eternals series will likewise be reprinted this year before the movie: https://www.amazon.com/Eternals-Neil...0420818&sr=8-2
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote