Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-26-2019, 08:13 PM   #141
kolektan
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post

I really like it. The kinetiquettes version has flames as well so no matter which one you'd get, your gonna get flames haha!

To me it looks like she's jumping from the rock and the flame is beneath her. Doesn't look like she's riding it...

Having relooked at the pic yeah she's definitely not riding it. The only point of contact is her knee and the flame is a good distance below and unattached everywhere else. It's not like she's Aladdin and it's a flame carpet...
it’s true that both of them have flames. but I think the kinetiquettes version flows better with the pose whereas the HMO version is like a falling meteor (like someone said) that has nothing to do with the pose.

and yeah, she’s not riding it, but it’s not coming from her body either like we used to see on her combo. hence, it disturbs the whole composition of the statue.

I personaly think it’s better to substitute the flower petals to flames so it conveys the flame projection better and do something about the shape of the flame on the base.
kolektan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:57 PM   #142
NegativeZero
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolektan View Post
it’s true that both of them have flames. but I think the kinetiquettes version flows better with the pose whereas the HMO version is like a falling meteor (like someone said) that has nothing to do with the pose.

and yeah, she’s not riding it, but it’s not coming from her body either like we used to see on her combo. hence, it disturbs the whole composition of the statue.

I personaly think it’s better to substitute the flower petals to flames so it conveys the flame projection better and do something about the shape of the flame on the base.
I hear you but more flames may work better for a different statue. This ones portrait is so soft and beautiful like shes floating, I think the cherry blossoms go well with that. Along with all of the red and white, she almost screams "Japan!".
She most resemble a phoenix rising if you ask me. But we all can have our opinions and different interpretations.

I do love that Kinetiquettes pose, but after Morrigan I can't take a chance on missing out on Mai. Kinetiquettes flames almost draw away from Mai now that I think about it (but I'm definitely nitpicking)
NegativeZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 04:33 AM   #143
KgBeast11
A day without sunshine is like... night.

The pose is generic and the face expressionless. They botched the first Mai and hurried to remake her. Its clear their morrigan was a one time hit. I hope she gets the amount of detail and quality everyone here say , but its kinda hard to see from only a digital render
KgBeast11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:42 AM   #144
kagero_no_mai
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeZero View Post
I hear you but more flames may work better for a different statue. This ones portrait is so soft and beautiful like shes floating, I think the cherry blossoms go well with that.
Exactly my thought. Love the cherry blossoms, and love the overall elegance of the pose.
If done properly, I have no doubt this will be a masterpiece.
kagero_no_mai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:13 PM   #145
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KgBeast11 View Post
The pose is generic and the face expressionless. They botched the first Mai and hurried to remake her. Its clear their morrigan was a one time hit. I hope she gets the amount of detail and quality everyone here say , but its kinda hard to see from only a digital render
Thanks for repeating your last post word for word and trying to rain on people's parade.

For the other part, let's just see what happens. But I think you're being quick to judge and a bit off base.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:14 PM   #146
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagero_no_mai View Post
Exactly my thought. Love the cherry blossoms, and love the overall elegance of the pose.
If done properly, I have no doubt this will be a masterpiece.
Totally agree!
Old 02-27-2019, 01:15 PM   #147
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
Thanks for repeating your last post word for word and trying to rain on people's parade.
No statue pleases everyone. I'm happy with it and excited to see progress over the coming year.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:16 PM   #148
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by KgBeast11 View Post
Its clear their morrigan was a one time hit.
Clear as mud.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:19 PM   #149
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
No statue pleases everyone. I'm happy with it and excited to see progress over the coming year.
I agree and they all don't have to. But he posted the bold part almost word for word twice. Why do I need to hear it twice?

Yep, hmo, clearly wanted to "rush" to reveal the updated Mai and not give themselves enough time to be happy with it. Let's just state that as fact.

And obviously Morrigan will be only a one hit wonder from them....
Old 02-27-2019, 01:39 PM   #150
French Cancan
Deadman

I don't know why, but at the end every HMO girl failed to excite me.
May be the next one.
Speaking of " next", what could the next step be: hey guys, we scratched a drawing of our next statue on a piece of paper, please support us and PO our statue!
For the moment, I don't know what to think about the " digital picture pre-ordering"... Laziness, pride, lack of confidence, what else?
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote