Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-19-2020, 11:03 AM   #21
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
I prefer color temp between 2500 - 3000. I like this more as the 5000k clinical lighting. Colors and shadows on the statues look nicer.
But that's just my opinion
Thanks for your input.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 05:04 PM   #22
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
I have these stuck to the glass, but this is a much better way to do it. Do you have any more pics of this set up?

I don't think I can go this route with using U-bolts to alter the shelf heights.
If you're referring to the light strips, I also considered just sticking them to the glass, but I wanted to be able to angle the lights towards the center of each shelf, as well as easily remove shelves if I ever decided to put something bigger in the cabinet.

Believe it or not I actually used only some clear/white zip ties to affix them to the metal frame of the cabinet once I got the angle set correctly. It isn't the most elegant solution, but it gets the job done.

The wires are affixed to the frame with some translucent spiral cable wraps.

Anyway, I'm currently moving some stuff around but I'll try to post some more pictures of the setup for you when I get a chance. And some showing the weather stripping for the OP.
Rycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:06 AM   #23
Thegreywizard
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I dust proofed mine back in 2018. Since then and now i decided to keep just one unit, and the 9mm weather strips are doing a super job of keeping the dust out

Here is a photo of my one remaining Detolf used to house Hot Toys
(as i disliked the the original idea of housing 1/4 scale PF's as i feared breakage)

Post(s) from 2018:
Ahh this may be the best solution!

We change our filters a few time a year, but I even have the detolf over the air vent in my room completely blocking all of the air from the vents. But there's carpet in the room and I'm always in/out and have windows open in the summer. This room is just dusty by nature.

Is that weather strip from Home depot or did you buy it online?

I'm gonna pick some up this weekend and give this a go with a full clean and upgrade of the weather strips.

It's gonna take a couple hours to dust everything and add the strip. (I have a ton of little knick-knacks in this detolf, so it's going to take some time.)

Thanks for the ideas and solution!
Thegreywizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 12:49 PM   #24
jacksongrey87
Doh!

It looks good. I had some issues with dust myself and not only the regular kind but also all those little wood and cement particles my partner dragged in from work (he's a construction worker and he works a lot with wood, even at home) I would clean and clean and every day I would wake up and see a weird coating on pretty much every open surface in my home. It annoyed me to no end, and the fact that freaked me out the most was the fact that we were breathing this dirty air.
In order to give myself a much needed piece of mind I decided to invest in one of those industrial type dust collectors to have one at home. I know it might sound insane but better be safe than sorry in my opinion.
It took me a while to find a proper model that would be supported by our electrical line but I did manage to do it. What really helped was this article/ review that I found online. You guys can check it here: https://mitersawjudge.com/best-dust-collector-reviews/ I found it useful since a lot of people, like myself, don't really know much about dust collectors but with this article I was able to pick the best one that even my hubby approved of. Hopefully it will be of some use to you guys as well
jacksongrey87 is offline   Reply With Quote