Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 10-05-2018, 03:13 PM   #11
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

You have teammates to block for you. Baseball it's just you and a bat.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 03:16 PM   #12
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Don't think for a second that players aren't still looking for a competitive advantage and getting away with it. When it's that kind of money on the line for some it's worth the risk. Honestly I can't even say I blame them.

Everyone is looking for a competitive advantage, especially as we get older.
I could care less who's on what. It's not like you take the stuff and you wake-up He-man. You have to live a pretty strict lifestyle of dieting/exercise if you want to look like some sort of Greek God or hit some homers.

It's funny.... we're perfectly ok with the rampant drug/alcohol-use in the Music industry. Someone gets caught doing something stupid or worse, they go to rehab/jail/the grave, folks offer support and then it's business as usual.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 03:19 PM   #13
adee
Green Arrow

Why was it OK for the older baseball players to be hopped up on greenies? Why isn't anyone putting asterisks on their records and stats?
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 03:23 PM   #14
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Only asterisks put on a record I've seen was when Roger Maris broke the Babe's record. That eventually got changed tho. Our guys from the 90's will just be shunned front the HoF.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 03:38 PM   #15
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Only asterisks put on a record I've seen was when Roger Maris broke the Babe's record. That eventually got changed tho. Our guys from the 90's will just be shunned front the HoF.
yea but many want to put an asterisks on 762
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 10:09 PM   #16
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Depends on who pitching and who's trying to tackle you

I think QB is the most difficult position in sports.
QB WAS the most difficult position in sports, it was a lot harder when you actually could hit them...now you can't even walk near them...but that's another topic altogether...lol

And it isn't true none of these drugs make you ...per say better..hitting a baseball is still one of the hardest things to do. Remember this , if I fail as a batter 6.5 times out of every 10 for the rest of my career (let's say career of 10 years) I'm a Hall of famer with a .350 lifetime batting average...what other sport can you fail that much in. It's because batting is ALL on you. Scrubby pitching will help, but I still have to connect...Juice or no Juice...

But Juice might make it leave the park more often instead of it being a routine fly ball.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 05:42 PM   #17
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Yeah, it's crazy. Take Jon Jones in the UFC for example, I think he's been busted twice for PED's not to mention the other stuff(DUI's, hit and run etc.) yet there's talk of him getting an instant title shot! It really sucks for the naturals like Daniel Cormier and is a blackeye on the sport. You have the best natural fighter with all the tools and advantages(Jones) and he chooses to cheat and still get plenty of chances. It makes it even worse considering the long and short term effects of combat sports. Like you said they either need to really punish the abusers or let it run rampant and let everyone play on a level field(as much as that pains me to say).
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote