Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 11-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #11
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

One of the most common things that kill site interest that I see, is lack of updates. Even if it's somewhat trivial, ANYTHING is better than nothing and keeps momentum. Also, one of the reasons that I firmly believe people are into PCS, is your interaction. I'd hope that remains the case. Other than that, what these guys said.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:39 AM   #12
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
One of the most common things that kill site interest that I see, is lack of updates. Even if it's somewhat trivial, ANYTHING is better than nothing and keeps momentum. Also, one of the reasons that I firmly believe people are into PCS, is your interaction. I'd hope that remains the case. Other than that, what these guys said.

I cannot emphasize this enough! I've been a collector since 1993, and have NEVER had the experience of being able to speak with the owner/creator of the statues I love!

Most of us (hardcore) come here hourly just to see if you've (Jerry) typed something. It's become the new standard for me as a collector (and amateur sculptor).

So a q/a section like the one here on the forum would be a great idea.

And as I mentioned before, any fan participation (IMO) would drive the PCSC to the next level!

Oh, last thing.

Someone above mentioned *behind the scenes videos, and sculptor interviews*

This is a MEGA WIN idea! We drool for this kind of stuff.

And maybe bring in a worthy fan who's put a ton of work into publicizing PCS already to do your PR videos!

Guys like BornFree, StatueHunter75, MadxCollector or Averone have brought a ton of attention to these statues! Even getting them featured on mega popular gaming sites like Eventhubs (Mark!)!

Anyway, thanks again for grabbing this feedback. If harnessed properly it could create a really amazing site!
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #13
AstroWho
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I would love seeing concepts & designs. Proposed items. Rough sculpts. Prototypes. One of a kind pieces. Things that were never released. Things that might have been.
AstroWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #14
hulkmeister
A day without sunshine is like... night.

My personal opinions regarding features i like:

1) sneak peeks including videos from the sculptor and comments from yourself Jerry (owner's opinion is very valuable).
2) ask pcs section sorted by line (like the ask sideshow section but updated regularly to keep fans current)
3) contests - both current products and chance at rare products. I really like the concept of lucky draws that Japan did with transformers. For example those fans that order a statue from a specific line over a specific period could get a chance to win an ultimate variant of a statue (thats not a pcs ex, sideshow ex, or reg) from the same line that is extremely limited. Fans would have to mail in a physical form to register legitimately for the draw.
4) gallery of past products including the exs

I could go on and on but I don't want to ramble if I haven't done so already. Ultimately the key is regular updates and interaction with fans.
hulkmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #15
ThomasMak0524
The Spirit

Basically something similar to sideshowtoy.com would be great. Product archives, upcoming products, shopping cart etc. SS.com is a great blue print.

Something like Pop Culture Shock Experience is cool too. Sneak peaks on a regularly basis. Just bring the Official ask PCS thread to the site. Make a 'Ask PCS' section. or call it 'PCS Q&A'
ThomasMak0524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #16
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal View Post
Jerry, you obviously have a unique brand and vision as a company, so having a little fun with standard layouts and content might be great - like video, a profile as others have mentioned, 'our journey' maybe, behind the scenes of some of the processes, much like those interesting snippets on Face Off!

But as a web designer myself, Id also like to see a bit more emphasis on eCommerce and buying direct from the new site if possible, with shop online being more of a focus, then seperating the rest of the site as you have (gallery, blog, news etc).

The hero carousel could be used to more effort for promotions, latest offerings and announcements (rather than just announce an online exclusive here, you could have a rotating carousel of say 5 banners, and one could have announced news about the sale of Reptile for example with a link to more info in the News section). I would definitely have that offer more than the one looping flash ad for sure - these banners could be updated at any time, say to announce a coming soon shipping date too, or a contest? I think this is the biggest change, as even your news articles from the homepage could be included here intermittently, allowing you to completely reshape the homepage to something with more upsell, and more fun.

To me at the moment, Im bombarded by information on the page, with the Products being relegated to the left hand side.

There's also no search feature, to either search by news article or product, so it limits me as a user to using the left strip which contains some products, or the top nav mega dropdown which you have to keep increasing to include every new offering at present.

An archive section to the shop would help newer audiences who havent been to the site, or know the sold out status of some of your older pieces.

For reassurance, accepted payment methods should be displayed, ideally in the footer, with social links also included on the site (facebook, twitter etc, which I believe you use).

A more dynamic gallery, integrated blog so you arent taken from the site, a contact form on the contact us page, and possibly incorporating concept sketches and artwork into the theme of the site as well as the product images could be great.

Finally, I found myself fascinated every time they referred to you on Face Off, with your experience in the industry, skillset while you worked and offered tips to the other contestants, so you are familiar with the camera - why not put a foreword out to customers on the about section, what brought you to the brands you offer, hopes for the future, the team etc - just to be not only unique but offer more insight into the reason for PCS and your own interest/tastes that got you to where you are as a company today.

PS: Having an area that expands on the product with concepts, WIPS and sketches, teasers that you've given here in the past, I think it really adds to the intrigue and development of the piece, almost like we took the journey with you. You only have to see something like -http://statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=129038 or even more developed in the Sideshow articles (I LOVED their background and artist info on the Jack the Ripper piece to be hoenst), it just brings me more into the world of the product and the brand.

Pretty much what he said.

Also, I wouldn't mind you putting up some YouTube videos with you and whatever statue. Talk about it a bit, background, concepts, details. I really liked watching the videos sideshow added with their pieces years ago. I placed a lot of orders during the time mostly because of the promo videos lol

But I think the best part about it is that people can put a face with the creator.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #17
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Would be great for advertising if there's a section where fans who can post pics of their new PCS goodies and their comments/reviews about it.

It's a win-win thing IMO. Keeps PCS on her toes and upping her game to ensure no shoddy products and no advertisement speaks louder than satisfied customers.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #18
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

1. Not strictly a new website thing but it would be cool if we could vote on a fan favourite character to get made. E.g. out of the full SF or MK universe. Even if only once a year.
This would drive a lot of traffic and participation because we'd all be making our case for 'whatever' character to get made.
Gosh just imagine...Rufus, Guy, Cody, Ibuki, Gouken...

2. I agree with frequent updates - which you are the best at anyway. My wish would be to see the updates driven by a dramatic increase in production speed of the Street Fighter line.

3. And of course an e-commerce / payment solution.

BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #19
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Or even a forum on your site yes a forum...
Old 11-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #20
Quest99
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
1. Not strictly a new website thing but it would be cool if we could vote on a fan favourite character to get made. E.g. out of the full SF or MK universe. Even if only once a year.
This would drive a lot of traffic and participation because we'd all be making our case for 'whatever' character to get made.
Gosh just imagine...Rufus, Guy, Cody, Ibuki, Gouken...

2. I agree with frequent updates - which you are the best at anyway. My wish would be to see the updates driven by a dramatic increase in production speed of the Street Fighter line.

3. And of course an e-commerce / payment solution.

Great idea mate!

Here is my vote!

Quest99 is offline   Reply With Quote