BattyDave19
Death is hereditary.

is it just the print or is it framed as well, its so freakin awsome
BattyDave19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 06:10 PM   #72
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Saw this one live and in person at the NY Con. Pretty spectacular piece!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:02 PM   #73
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf
Saw this one live and in person at the NY Con. Pretty spectacular piece!
The litho or the original art?

I have a few of the WB Ross lithos (The JSA, World's Finest, and Dark Knight over Gotham). I wonder if the subsequent release of all these signed limited Ross lithos has effected the market value of the earlier ones because for a while there, the JSA and JLA typically got in the $1500 range on eBay. Now you're lucky to get half of that.

I remember when the first few Ross lithos came out, there was such a buzz over them because they featured art exclusive to WB. Now it's like, yeah, been there, seen it, I don't need an 8th Ross litho...

That being said, this Ross litho is still a beauty! However, I'd still pass on it due to the high price and the near zero long term investment value.

JMO
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:25 PM   #74
HFA
U talkin' to me?

The canvas pieces have held their value VERY well. The problem is that most of those old lithos were WAY over priced (on ebay, at galleries, etc)...and then some of them (JSA in particular) were released on CANVAS. Once that happened, the canvas attains that higher value, but the litho drops a bit. After all, JSA was released at a $450 price point way back when.

Dark Knight Over Gotham is still a STRONG piece. Just because a few don't sell for very high on ebay doesn't mean it doesn't hold its value. I've said it before: luckily ebay is NOT the only barometer for an item's value. People on ebay are cheap and want a bargain. That's why I look for stuff on there myself! Every time I get that piece into the gallery I still get $1200-$1500 (depending on how nice I am and how good the client is!). It's spectacular.

JMHO!
HFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:27 PM   #75
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar
The litho or the original art?
Canvas giclee.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:09 PM   #76
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFA

Dark Knight Over Gotham is still a STRONG piece. Just because a few don't sell for very high on ebay doesn't mean it doesn't hold its value. I've said it before: luckily ebay is NOT the only barometer for an item's value. People on ebay are cheap and want a bargain. That's why I look for stuff on there myself! Every time I get that piece into the gallery I still get $1200-$1500 (depending on how nice I am and how good the client is!). It's spectacular.
That's good to hear!

I'm not saying that the Lee/Ross litho would necessarily drop in price from the original retail cost. I'm just not convinced it would raise in price, at least not in the long term. Then again, you're right, I am only basing this opinion on on-line market places.

P.S. Where is your gallery? I want to open a store in that area! If you could consistently get double the price typically featured on eBay for these pieces, that's amazing!! I think Zooby was unloading a few of his WB giclees and canvases on eBay. He had some beauties!
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:15 PM   #77
HFA
U talkin' to me?

I haven't opened up in Utah yet...still have a tiny location in CA, and online sales, conventions, etc.

MOST WB pieces sell much better at shows and such than on ebay...not all, but Dark Knight is a good example. I rarely put the old DC stuff on ebay for that reason.

Buying and selling is a continual vicious cycle, so it seems like we're due for a slight upswing before too long!
HFA is offline   Reply With Quote