Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-15-2017, 07:55 AM   #1131
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Is this a WW thread or a thread about a movie which came out years ago?

What do you want to see from the sequel Bulls?

I'd really want to move away from Greek mythology and go for a Cheetah and Dr Psycho double threat, but I don't know if that would translate well.

In my head it's good, in reality I'd be worried it would be like Batman Forever...
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:51 AM   #1132
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post

I'd really want to move away from Greek mythology and go for a Cheetah and Dr Psycho double threat, but I don't know if that would translate well.

In my head it's good, in reality I'd be worried it would be like Batman Forever...
Circe and/or Cheetah. To be honest i would not be against a new villain. I did love Brian Azzarello take on the Greek Mythology.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:57 AM   #1133
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Can I ask if you have kids?

Mainly because I know a few parents in my friends circle that while they wouldn't truly care if their child is different as long as their happy, their first and biggest instinct is that their child will fit in, not stand out for the wrong reasons and be bullied or ostracised because of the choices they make.

If denying reality makes people stupid then he'd only fit in with 99.9% of the population.
This, this is exactly what Pa Kent was doing, to protect Clark. You can't say it any simpler than that. Well said Rich.

Now back to WW. Saw a special on the WW movie yesterday and it showcased the main actors from the movie and the director and Gal Gadot looks like a fun person to be around. Can't wait for the bluray to come out and look at the Behind-the-scenes featurettes.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:34 AM   #1134
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Once again you simplify someone's point that in no way contributes to a constructive conversation. And I don't mean just in this thread. So with that in mind I'm done. Agree to disagree and all that jazz...
At least you got a written response as opposed to a patented "hilarious" gif or meme

Quote:

That is a pair of spectacular villains. I do agree that the lack of commonality between them and their backstories could lead to a more convoluted story than would do them justice though.

Quote:
Circe and/or Cheetah. To be honest i would not be against a new villain. I did love Brian Azzarello take on the Greek Mythology.
That Azzarello run was magic and could indeed lend itself to a few films before becoming over mined.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:24 PM   #1135
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I realize I'll probably get eggs thrown at me for this but I've never felt Wonder Woman's rogues were particularly strong. While I love a lot of her solo stories I prefer her moments in action when she's fighting with the Justice League.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:31 PM   #1136
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I realize I'll probably get eggs thrown at me for this but I've never felt Wonder Woman's rogues were particularly strong. While I love a lot of her solo stories I prefer her moments in action when she's fighting with the Justice League.
I agree with you apart from 2-3 villains her Rogues gallery is pretty poor. First Born could be an interesting character if done right on film.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:37 PM   #1137
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
I agree with you apart from 2-3 villains her Rogues gallery is pretty poor. First Born could be an interesting character if done right on film.
That would definitely make for a great physical matchup.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing Maxwell Lord and another non-Olympian heavy (maybe Cheetah) team up against WW.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:42 PM   #1138
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I don't have a problem with Superman killing Zod, not in a movie where Pa Kent tells Superman not to save him. That scene made no sense whatsoever.
So you don't have a problem with a Character doing something he's never done in 75+ years but you do have a problem with a father not wanting his son to sacrifice for him?

Quote:
2.6 million away from 800 million and still to open in Japan.
Nice, it's too bad we're going to have to wait until Christmas 2019 for the sequel.

Quote:
Yes, that Zack Snyder shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the DCEU.
That I agree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Made total sense to me. Jonathan Kent did not want Clark to reveal his alter-ego saving his life. Didn't think Clark was ready.
Agreed, I also think he didn't want Clark to have to give up his anonymity which would completely change his life.

Quote:
So he thinks Clark sucks? Dad of the Year right there.

It's not too easy or convenient because Snyder is a terrible filmmaker.
Not even close to what was said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
I have my own Snyder criticisms mind you but the man can tell a beautiful story . I actually don't like Supes very much , I find him rather dull , but Snyder really told a beautiful rich story in MOS.
I disagree with that, I think he does well when the story has been told and he just frames it with slow-mo.(300 and Watchmen) when he has to tell a new story I think he stutters a bit, but I don't Blame Snyder for my MOS issues, I blame Goyer. I blame Synder for BvS.

Quote:
Is this a WW thread or a thread about a movie which came out years ago?
It's going to happen and you know it, The movie has been out for months so until the Sequel gets closer it'll be some Wonder Woman talk and some off topic shenanigans.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:53 PM   #1139
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I realize I'll probably get eggs thrown at me for this but I've never felt Wonder Woman's rogues were particularly strong.
Quote:
I agree with you apart from 2-3 villains her Rogues gallery is pretty poor.
I think the same could be said for most heroes outside of Batman, Flash and to a lesser degree Superman. Most have maybe one or two decent foes, but that's it. Aquaman is going to run into the same problem, you have Manta and Ocean Master and that's about it. They'll just dig deep into the catalog and modernize some lesser villains most likely.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:55 PM   #1140
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Agreed, I also think he didn't want Clark to have to give up his anonymity which would completely change his life. .
If I recall "Superman" History he didn't reveal himself until moving to Metropolis and working for the Daily Planet (excluding all the Superboy comics). So the scene where Jonathan Kent doesn't want Clark to reveal himself would have happened before that which basically means high school age (although Clark doesn't look high school age). So Jonathan not wanting Clark to reveal himself as super at that place/time totally makes sense to me. He's not old enough nor mature enough to deal with the consequence of the big reveal.