Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 05-16-2015, 04:24 PM   #1
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

Belated ECCC pickups (courtesy of Cam) along with a C2E2 straggler

What can be said about Canadian art collectors that hasn't been said before?

Well, all I know is that if you see one at Seattle’s Emerald City, get out of the way as somehow, someway he manages to dominate that convention. My wife has been telling me “you should think about going to the Seattle show one day”. “I cant" I tell her...in fear of being run over by our board’s very own Punisher1919!

If you look at the list of artists that he’s gotten for me in Seattle in the past years, it has been nothing short of legendary: Bisley, Dodson, Ebas, Williams, Rodriguez, Scalera, Oum, Vitti, etc etc.

And now, let’s add none other than Mr. Mark Brooks. And also Bruce Timm. Yep, two of the hardest to get artists and Cam managed to get both in one show. And not only get them, but to be selfless enough to get them for someone else. And lets not forget a few additional names – Rocafort, Jae Lee, Alex Sinclair, and Marcus To!

And not only that, but in addition to pickups for myself, and for himself, he nabbed some amazing pieces for others – boardies and non-boardies.

And not to mention that Seattle isn’t his only stomping ground. He also makes the rounds at local Canadian shows. And guess what he does there as well? Crushes them.

So there you have it. If you see him wandering around a show near you, just beware. As somehow he will already be on your favorite artists commission list, and somehow his piece will come out better than the rest!

Huge thanks buddy for all of the great help.

Pickups from that shows along with a Talent Caldwell piece are below:

Gorgeous Batgirl by Mark Brooks.
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryP...72&GSub=111715

Amazing Batman by the legendary Bruce Timm.
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryP...66&GSub=111715

Batman Jam by Rocafort, Jae Lee, Marcus To
http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryp...?piece=1227771

Three color Alex Sinclair Pieces
http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryp...?piece=1040727

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryp...?piece=1169922

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryp...?piece=1169920

Superman Villains Jam finished by the uber talented Talent Caldwell
http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryp...?piece=1227769
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	051620150516_120031_resized.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	426.6 KB
ID:	90207  
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 05:28 PM   #2
Magneto
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Wonderful pick ups, I love the Batgirl by Brooks!
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 07:17 PM   #3
rjs1162
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Dude! Do you ever get anything less than epic? Everything here is awesome! Congrats!
rjs1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:39 PM   #4
J-M-T
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Drools...
J-M-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:43 PM   #5
Behold Gravitas
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Beautiful! What a haul - I keep going back and forth between the Brooks and Timm pieces.
Behold Gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:55 AM   #6
Punisher1919
Death is hereditary.

ahhh, you're much too kind, my friend. It's a blast chasin down art for my buddies and this stuff was no different. I'm just happy that the Brooks piece made it to you on safely!

What Carlos fails to mention is the insane pieces he's snagged for me over the years (the ribics, the mcnivens, the albuquerques, the Daniels, the Pitarras, the Weeks', the Granovs, The Manns, and the list goes on and on) Also, 2 commissions from c2e2 recently with one being something I never imagined I'd have a shot at.

Not to mention some amazing work from Alessandro Micelli and Cody Schibi as gifts.

Just glad I could help with your stuff, brother. Thhe brooks and timm pieces are amazing (the brooks is the nicest piece Ive ever had in my possession) and I had an absolute blast chasin around the bats jam pieces. Had awesome covnersations with To, Jae, and Kenneth. I thought all 3 guys killed it, but To really amped up his game for this one....huuuge fan of that guy now!

Glad youre happy with em, dude!!
Punisher1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:04 PM   #7
Bishop40
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

damn those are all great carlos, congrats. See that's why i always try to limit my request for cam to 1 because he's always running around for you
Bishop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:12 PM   #8
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

thanks guys! super happy with this art delivery and there is another one that should hopefully make it here soon.

cam, big thanks again buddy and fingers crossed on that hq 17!
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:52 AM   #9
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Wonderul pieces -- you know I'm stoked to see that Batgirl get finished for you

I've gotta say that Timm's piece just pops off the page. So simple, crisp and iconic. BTAS just makes me so geeky happy. Couldn't ask for a better head "sketch" IMO.

Well that's not true, it coulda been Catwoman or Harley
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:42 AM   #10
Ghost9
U talkin' to me?

Well buddy, not much more that I can add about the Brooks piece - simply stunning, and I bet the scan/pic doesn't do the shading & details justice as much as seeing it in person. Love the simplicity of the Timm. And the Batman jam is great, with Marcus bringing the house down.

You know I love the Caldwell Lex - definitely the right guy for the job, and he went full on beast mode on this! Insane level of detail. I'd love for him to be on a monthly.
Ghost9 is offline   Reply With Quote