Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 05-21-2015, 10:16 AM   #561
aric
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrycon View Post
Anyone know what Brad Walker charges nowdays?
He's VERY reasonable...below a hundred. I think 60ish if I recall.
aric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:18 AM   #562
aric
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
500 and 1000 (I think)
His rates vary by show sometimes, especially when he is abroad. Great guy, so definitely ask him at the show.
aric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 03:52 PM   #563
Bonacc
Frackin!

Hey Guys...

so Darwyn Cooke is coming to Montreal Comiccon (YAY!) and I was wondering how much I'd be looking at for a bust or full body sketch?

Thanks!
Bonacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:00 PM   #564
prizzy726
The Spirit

Hey all, does anyone have experience with Clay Mann at a show? I've read mixed things. Also, any convention prices?

Thanks!
prizzy726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:17 PM   #565
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by prizzy726 View Post
Hey all, does anyone have experience with Clay Mann at a show? I've read mixed things. Also, any convention prices?

Thanks!
i personally havent dealt with him but from what i hear expensive and slooowww. but great quality and nice guy.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:40 PM   #566
Landroid
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Mann is VERY slow.
Landroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 10:16 AM   #567
bnmauney
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prizzy726 View Post

Thanks!
Several years back at Heroes Con I was first on his list the first day of the show, and the first thing that he asked me after I paid in full upfront was if I would mind if he had to ship it to me after the show. In hindsight, that should've been a red flag. Over the course of the next three days I observed him working, albeit slowly, on several other pieces, but never mine. Finally, not long before I was to leave on the last day of the show I stopped by one final time and he still hadn't even started on my piece. I asked him what the deal was, and sensing my frustration, he confessed that he'd taken 11 pre-orders prior to the show. Of course, that was never disclosed to me beforehand. He apologized and swore that he would have it to me within three weeks. I begrudgingly agreed, and thus began 2+ years of very spotty communication, broken promises, and frustration. When I finally did ask for a refund, it took him several months to reply, at which point he promised to send it to me by the end of the weekend. A couple of weeks passed with no refund and no response to emails, so I contacted his art rep. He agreed to look into it for me, and a week or so after that I finally got my refund. To add insult to injury, my refund was minus the PayPal fees, which his rep deferred to me! All-in-all, it was one of the most aggravating commission situations I've ever been involved in. So, definitely beware when dealing with him.

Also, last I heard, Clay was charging somewhere in the $400-$500 range for 11"x17" color full figure pieces, but that was awhile ago.
bnmauney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 03:57 PM   #568
BaronV
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I've found Clay to be blasé on the two times I've gotten quick paid sketches from him. Slow if he didn't sketch directly in front of you. Even the store owners where he's signed at commented how super slowly is at the event
BaronV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 03:42 PM   #569
Sam
Hydra

How does Barry Kitson do sketches these days?
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 03:49 PM   #570
Corey A
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
How does Barry Kitson do sketches these days?
From what I hear be prepared to stand in line for a long time. But I still think they're free.
Corey A is offline   Reply With Quote