Thumbs down

Too messy and over the top for me.
Bring on the real looking Bats.
wellwisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 03:09 PM   #22
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Do we really need another Batman statue, and on a gargoyle no less?
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 02:44 AM   #23
ianlow32
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bane
Don't own any of the previous pieces of this line but this one looks to be the best so far, although the one with Catwoman was also cool.
Personally, I like the Koto ones better than the DC Direct ones. Although they have the 'steriods' look about them, the scultping is really immaculate and the pricing more appealing. And the bases are so much more cooler.

Although the Jim Lee version is the best, this room gargoyle version still rocks in my books. Just hope they do more non-steroids Bats and villians.

Also, the 2 sets of trading figures are really excellent for the scale and detail as compared to others.
ianlow32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 03:26 PM   #24
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

Why does dc keep producing batmam statues , when they have the hot show JLA umlimited, THey can produce all those new characters and sell out. Instead they make abtman statues no one wants
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 12:47 AM   #25
The Batman Professor
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Koto vinyl may be the best Batman sculpt ever produced, and that's saying a lot. Bowen's gargoyle, Sugita's Bisley style, Paquet's clocktower and Gentle Giant's Batman Begins pieces are contenders, but that vinyl perfectly captures the Jim Lee Bats. The Koto resin pieces aren't bad, but they don't compare to the vinyl. They are pretty small, as one of the earlier posters said. At $99.00, the vinyl is a great deal, and I think it blows the Bruckner statue out of the water. The Bruckner statue's chin is the dealbreaker for me.
The Batman Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 01:08 AM   #26
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman Professor
Koto vinyl may be the best Batman sculpt ever produced, and that's saying a lot. Bowen's gargoyle, Sugita's Bisley style, Paquet's clocktower and Gentle Giant's Batman Begins pieces are contenders, but that vinyl perfectly captures the Jim Lee Bats. The Koto resin pieces aren't bad, but they don't compare to the vinyl. They are pretty small, as one of the earlier posters said. At $99.00, the vinyl is a great deal, and I think it blows the Bruckner statue out of the water. The Bruckner statue's chin is the dealbreaker for me.
did you repaint your paquet clock tower batman and can I see the pics??
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 01:44 AM   #27
The Batman Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
did you repaint your paquet clock tower batman and can I see the pics??
Actually, Paquet repainted this for me. Black outer cape, darker blue lining and no silver on the shin guards ar gauntlets. He also did more weathering to clocktower. Did you get the Koto vinyl?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	paquet.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	17107  
Old 11-14-2005, 01:51 AM   #28
Batwing
Cobra Command

The Batman Professor

The Batman Professor, all I want to say is that you have one of the coolest cyber aliases in recent memory.

We salute you, The Batman Professor!

Side note: I've been wanting to get this Koto Batman-on-a-gargoyle myself. It's a little OTT but still cool. I didn't like the Bowen Batman-on-a-gargoyle only because I'm not a fan of Kelley Jones' art style.
Batwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 01:59 AM   #29
The Batman Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batwing
The Batman Professor, all I want to say is that you have one of the coolest cyber aliases in recent memory.

We salute you, The Batman Professor!

Side note: I've been wanting to get this Koto Batman-on-a-gargoyle myself. It's a little OTT but still cool. I didn't like the Bowen Batman-on-a-gargoyle only because I'm not a fan of Kelley Jones' art style.

Thanks, Batwing. Did you not like the "Crimson Mist" Vampire Bats? I thought K. Jones ripped that one UP! Also a great statue. Back on topic, the Koto resin on the Joker head ruin is a nice piece. If they had done all of them in that scale, the series would hold together better I think.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:39 AM   #30
Batwing
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman Professor
Thanks, Batwing. Did you not like the "Crimson Mist" Vampire Bats? I thought K. Jones ripped that one UP! Also a great statue. Back on topic, the Koto resin on the Joker head ruin is a nice piece. If they had done all of them in that scale, the series would hold together better I think.
Hi TBP

No, I have not got any Batman stuff from Koto other than the Jim Lee statue. The Koto Batman on gargoyle wall statue would be the next one to get.

I'm still waiting for the day a 'proper' Neal Adams Batman statue is made.

Other than a one-scale Marvel display (mostly Bowen Designs), I am happy to mix scales and media as far as Batman is concerned. Mostly limiting my statues to the more classic blue and grey togs (quite a challenge with the "Black & White" series!!! ) and amassing an army of Batman action figures (mostly DC Direct) based on the black and grey costume.
Batwing is offline   Reply With Quote