Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 03-16-2006, 09:40 PM   #1
heirtoasguard
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

DST Subby and Thing

went to my LCS and seen DST Subby and Thing. very impressed with Subby. only problem is his ears, it looks like Abomination's ears. it's doesn't look right.
besides that, beatiful sculpt. way to go if BD Subby cost too much also if you can deal with the ear problem. didn't care too much for the Thing though. sorry guys. he looks like he has a pot belly and his hands are too big for the body. oops sorry, but the AF Snowbird also came out. very good.
that could give BD Snowbird a run.
heirtoasguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 04:04 PM   #2
Babytoxie
Ghost

I just saw Subby today, and I was really impressed. I see what you mean abut the ears, but it's a small issue, IMO. I guess they're "stylized". Anyway, this statue looks much better in person than any photos I've seen posted. Good job Diamond Select!

The Thing doesn't do it for me. It doesn't capture the emotion of the pose from the FF cover. Also, not a good selection on its own. As part of a diorama with Reed and Sue, ala the cover, it would look much better.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 08:11 PM   #3
heirtoasguard
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

wow!! it only took 13 days for a response. LOL . I was beginning to think I have a disease.

anyway, I know what you mean about "no emotion". yeah, the statue doesn't do anything for me either.
heirtoasguard is offline   Reply With Quote