Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-14-2015, 12:46 AM   #1
SONICobra
Batman

favorite star wars memory

figure theres probably some good ones on here. I know this property means a lot to a lot of people for one reason or another. guess im excited because im going to be back home to see the new one in theatres with my folks

when I was a kid we would have movie nights and whenever my parents would pop in one of the star wars vhs' it was one of my favorite nights. theyd get some pizza, press play and I was transported to this galaxy where it seemed like anything was possible filled with larger than life heroes and incredible villains. it was like miracle grow for creativity, loved the movies ever since
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 12:57 AM   #2
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

My favorite memory was getting the Kenner Millenium Falcon around 1981 for Christmas. We never had a lot of money and I never got a big present like that!

Probably the most memorable, but not favorite was that very first Christmas after Star Wars came out in 1977. I couldn't wait to get Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader. And all I got was Snaggletooth, Walrusman and Hammerhead because no one had the heroes in stock. I had to wait until my birthday six months later to get Luke.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 01:16 AM   #3
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Mine is the opening intro to Episode 4 followed by that enormous craft gradually filling the theater screen. In 1977 it made my jaw drop and I've been hooked ever since. It created a true sense of wonder right from the very beginning.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:19 AM   #4
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Yoda's 1st appearance in Empire Strikes Back.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:35 AM   #5
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

'77
Right age, right movie.
Nothing EVER will be like that again.
Hoping Rogue One can bring a little of that back.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 01:05 PM   #6
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

I was 9 years old when A New Hope first graced the theater screen in '77. I was in total awe of that film from the very first frame. I hope to have a similar feeling again with at least one film from this new chapter in the Star Wars saga.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 01:15 PM   #7
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

1976: me and 3 friends traveled to Indianapolis for the Indy 500. One night before the race we decided to go to a drive in movie. The previews showed Star Wars. We were all so psyched at that time and couldn't wait for the movie.
Old 12-14-2015, 01:25 PM   #8
Python
Omega Red

I was late to the party having not been born until 86. But I still remember watching ANH as a kid and just falling in love with the opening scene as that huge Star Destroyer lumbered towards the screen. I was probably about 6 years old and a nerd from that very day. It was good in a way as I could watch all three at once, and regularly did. Like most young kids, ROTJ became my favorite for many years, then I matured and realised the finer things in life weren't all about action, so ESB took the reigns and remains one of my favorite movies to this day. Great memories of all the toys and games etc of course being of that age.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 01:26 PM   #9
kaza5555
New Republic

Rekindling great memories only Star Wars can bring. I remember playing with kids during school break and arguing with classmates who gets to be Luke Or Han Solo. I was already showing skills as an artist and I also remember drawing Star Wars for classmates for a quarter so I can earn money to buy comic books. My Mom told me to stop cause their parents will get mad at me. I never should have listened to Mom.
kaza5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 02:47 PM   #10
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

The opening crawl when the music hits gets me every time and always will.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote