Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 02-04-2015, 10:56 PM   #71
rjs1162
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Awesome page from a highly talented artist Damon. That last panel with Blue Diamond is eye popping fun! Well executed recreation! Congrats!
rjs1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:04 PM   #72
DamonO
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Rob, thanks for the kind comments, much appreciated. I've got more pages from Trevor coming. Can't wait until the whole project is finished. Other artists working on this include Luke McDonnell, Jeff Moy, Gordon Purcell, Eric Koda, and Greg Larocque.
DamonO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 03:07 AM   #73
rjs1162
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonO View Post
Rob, thanks for the kind comments, much appreciated. I've got more pages from Trevor coming. Can't wait until the whole project is finished. Other artists working on this include Luke McDonnell, Jeff Moy, Gordon Purcell, Eric Koda, and Greg Larocque.
I've commissioned 3 out of 5 of those mentioned, so you should have some serious good stuff. Look forward to seeing the rest!
Old 02-12-2015, 02:32 PM   #74
Roygbiv666
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

So ... you'll be posting these to CAF ... someday ....

or are you doing the whole book?

Quote:
Time for another artist that deserves your business: TREVOR VON EEDEN! Trevor is perhaps best known for his work on such comics as DC's GREEN ARROW, BLACK LIGHTNING, and THRILLER.

I recently started a new commissions project that turned into something much larger than initially anticipated. One of my all-time favorite comics from back-in-the-day was MARVEL PREMIERE #29. Marvel Premiere was an anthology series, and this particular issue introduced a new team of heroes from the Golden Age of Comics: THE LIBERTY LEGION. As originally drawn by the late, great Don Heck, its a comic I treasure to this day.

I started wondering how this comic would look if it had been drawn by today's artists. I got the idea to have some of the pages redrawn -- or "remastered" as I like to say -- so I decided to commission different artists to draw them. One of the artists I chose was Trevor. Although Trevor wasn't the first artist I recruited, he was easily the fastest, turning out high-quality artwork at lightning speed. His prices are very reasonable too. Below, you'll see the original page as drawn by Heck, and Trevor's remastered version. Believe me, if you're fed up with dealing with artists that don't provide you with great service, great communication, great artwork, and great prices, then you need to not walk but run and let Trevor show you how its supposed be done. He can be reached at thv2101@gmail.com

You'll be glad you did.
Roygbiv666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 01:27 AM   #75
DamonO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roygbiv666 View Post
So ... you'll be posting these to CAF ... someday ....

or are you doing the whole book?
Hey, Roy! It started out as just a page here and there, but now I'm having the whole comic redrawn. The entire debut issue of the Liberty Legion, with different artists drawing different sequences featuring each character.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:05 PM   #76
Roygbiv666

Ex-cellent! Pencils or pencil and ink or pencils and inks and lettering or pencils ink letters colors? I need to get out more.

Quote:
Hey, Roy! It started out as just a page here and there, but now I'm having the whole comic redrawn. The entire debut issue of the Liberty Legion, with different artists drawing different sequences featuring each character.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:14 AM   #77
DamonO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roygbiv666 View Post
Ex-cellent! Pencils or pencil and ink or pencils and inks and lettering or pencils ink letters colors? I need to get out more.
Heh, my poor beleagured pockets don't run deep enough to get all that done. I'm just having the pages re-pencilled, although I may have them all inked at some point later. Its been very interesting to me seeing how contemporary artists redraw the same scenes in their own way and contast that to the original version drawn by Don Heck back in the 1970s. Very fascinating to me how two different artists can interpret the very same events in totally different ways.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:41 PM   #78
DamonO

Periodically I come here and give you the names of some of the fantastic and affordable pencillers I utilize, but as some of you may know, there's also a fantastic and affordable inker I utilize as well. Industry veteran Bob Almond has inked over 80 commissions for me, encompassing a wide range of artists and artistic styles. You won't find anyone more committed to giving you a quality product and great customer service than Bob. He will take your penciled artwork to the next level. Below is a recent job he did for me over the pencils of Eric Koda, another supremely talented individual who you should give a try. Bob can be reached through his website at almondink.com

Juggernaut vs. the Heroes of the Atlas Universe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	juggsekodaalmond72.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	417.6 KB
ID:	89760  
Old 04-10-2015, 02:47 PM   #79
Roygbiv666

Nice, Damon.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:57 PM   #80
rjs1162

That Koda piece was already outstanding before Bob slapped the inks down! Looks great Damon!