Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 06-05-2017, 08:50 PM   #561
Lorde Trooper
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
If there wasn't a bunch of yelling and name calling back and forth at each other there's actually a few good points on both sides here.

1. yes, being positive can be a good thing, and yes getting interested parties to keep asking about a piece sometimes can do good things. I did it with Sideshow for the Pinhead PF for about 2 years, but, I also knew they had started the piece (They released a sneak video) so I knew it was something they had actively been trying to produce. I think with the PM that came from RedAnt that's the first actual tangible piece of news that makes this a little more conceivable. However it doesn't mean it's happening. I think the best thing to do would be to keep this thread for tangible news and possibly create a new thread or, if there already is an interest thread(I think there was at some point) get that one going again. That way one is only bumped if news of the piece comes forward and the other can be for showing PCS exactly how many people are truly interested in still getting this and maybe convincing them it's a good idea to do it.

2. Yes the thread bumps can be annoying, when I see this thread bumped and all it is is someone saying "Please Jerry, Please" instead of any actual news or event hints it does annoy me. See my suggestion above.

3. I'm actually surprised none of the people here already thought about commissioning a piece since it was fairly obvious that before RedAnt's PM there was 0 chance. I'm only guessing that the people who want this either don't have the contacts to make that happen or are staunch PCS supporters.
Love the idea of a panthor which lol I never thought of doing. I tried to pm jerry a while back but his box was full so I let it go but I wanted to enquire about him commissioning a filmation whiplash statue. What would your recommendations be and how does it compare in costs for a run of statues compared to a one off? Thanks
Lorde Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:10 AM   #562
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgdc View Post
Maybe Jerry could at least torture I mean tease us with a pic of what they had designed so far?
If they'll do then only with these requirements:

1. There IS still a possibility of the Set to come out
2. I want that all who want one yell as loud as they can ^^.

Everything else would be only torture...
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 01:01 PM   #563
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorde Trooper View Post
Love the idea of a panthor which lol I never thought of doing. I tried to pm jerry a while back but his box was full so I let it go but I wanted to enquire about him commissioning a filmation whiplash statue. What would your recommendations be and how does it compare in costs for a run of statues compared to a one off? Thanks
PM Sent.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:40 AM   #564
Thegameman2011
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Let's bump this back to the top. We need this now.
Thegameman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 08:24 AM   #565
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

That would definitely be awesome if they make it.
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 09:16 AM   #566
Lorde Trooper
The Herculoids

Went to PCS website, can't wait for the new one, I know this was a new version but I find it really bad, I'm leaning towards ordering a separate battle cat and getting it painted to resemble panthor but there is nothing on the site.
Lorde Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 10:12 AM   #567
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegameman2011 View Post
Let's bump this back to the top. We need this now.
Even if they renegotiate the contract, finish the sculpt, get approvals, paint it, get approvals, send it in for production samples and quotes for production pricing, you're looking at next year for a PO. That's me being optimistic.

That's why I suggested doing a thread dedicated to showing how many people still want this. Probably with a poll to show numbers. Remember, when He-man was shown people were all about buying it, but when it came time to actually order it obviously fell short or this situation wouldn't be happening.

If you guys can show numbers that say people will definitely PO a Skeletor and Panthor Combo set, even at a higher price, since they've gone up since the He-man Set went up, you might have a shot. I'd also recommend that for the Filmation line, since if they're getting the license back, unless certain circumstances are written into the contract they're going to want to sell more than one statue.

Also try to remember, 100 POs is a drop in the bucket. Average production Runs, EX and Reg. are going to have to be above 500pcs to make it worth paying for a license and then paying to produce it. So if you guys really want it, then show the guys at PCS there's a good number of people willing to pay for it.

Good luck.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 05:19 AM   #568
Otter
Justice League

I've got the money that I DIDN'T spend on Sideshow's Skeletor all ready to go...

... just sayin'.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 06:13 AM   #569
addic
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
I've got the money that I DIDN'T spend on Sideshow's Skeletor all ready to go...

... just sayin'.
addic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 10:38 AM   #570
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post

... just sayin'.
hahaha
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote