Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 12-01-2022, 05:09 PM   #261
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Nothing will top the old KI. People working on games today are not the same as those who worked in the peak of the 90s-early 00s. All that classical training is gone in the current generation. They have hindsight and can iterate on old works, but even that they mess up with a bloated experience.

I don't know why they started out with Fulgore. Start with Chief Thunder, Jago, or someone who's actually alive.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 05:15 PM   #262
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Fulgore is the most popular KI character by far, at least as far as I can tell
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 05:23 PM   #263
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Yeah I agree that game devs don't have the magic like one's from the 90's, but I'd still like to see a new next gen KI for the XBOX SERIES X. None of that cross platform crap, where you can still play it on last gen consoles. (XBOX ONE) I want the graphics to melt my face off.

As for Fulgore goes: He's the mascot of the game. There's no dispute on that. Just look at all the games box art over the years. He's on it. Gameboy, SNES, N64 and he was even on the cover of Nintendo Power! Jago I'd argue is in 2nd.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 05:27 PM   #264
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Yeah, Fulgore is the mascot, no doubt, wasn't aware of his popularity.

I hate it though when companies start a line without hinting at the next character right out of the gate. Especially with fighters where the characters are highly differentiated, and have their exclusive fans.

I'm going to push for Chief Thunder, if no one will. But this line needs to go far, as no one cares to pick up the slack. PCS needs to understand that buying statues you don't care for in order to "support" the line isn't viable for fighting game characters. They need to figure out demand through something other than misleading Facebook polls.

By the way, while I've never had an XBOX of any kind, for whatever reason, I'd be happy to buy an XS X just for KI. KI is what sold me on the N64 back then, to be honest, and made me play a lot again on my SNES later in its life.

Cross-platform, I get it, developers use frameworks, reuse code, it saves time/money and all that, but I miss the days when hardware and game engines were unique.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 06:03 PM   #265
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Yeah, Fulgore is the mascot, no doubt, wasn't aware of his popularity.

I hate it though when companies start a line without hinting at the next character right out of the gate. Especially with fighters where the characters are highly differentiated, and have their exclusive fans.

I'm going to push for Chief Thunder, if no one will. But this line needs to go far, as no one cares to pick up the slack. PCS needs to understand that buying statues you don't care for in order to "support" the line isn't viable for fighting game characters. They need to figure out demand through something other than misleading Facebook polls.

By the way, while I've never had an XBOX of any kind, for whatever reason, I'd be happy to buy an XS X just for KI. KI is what sold me on the N64 back then, to be honest, and made me play a lot again on my SNES later in its life.

Cross-platform, I get it, developers use frameworks, reuse code, it saves time/money and all that, but I miss the days when hardware and game engines were unique.
I've had every XBOX except the very 1st one. XBOX 360 had me hooked with SFIV and Gears of War. Plus the whole Achievements system is a great way to milk a game for everything it has left in it. The Series X is worth the money, especially if they do indeed make a new KI game exclusively for it.

I wish PCS would allow feedback to tweak sculpts before their statues go into production. Prime 1 at least listen's to consumers most of the time.
Old 12-01-2022, 06:18 PM   #266
goatchumby
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
I wish PCS would allow feedback to tweak sculpts before their statues go into production. Prime 1 at least listen's to consumers most of the time.
I think that PCS is better than most about feedback (heck, they even pushed Hugo based on community support). But now that they have ramped up statue production speeds, I suspect that feedback consideration windows might not be as prevalent as before.
goatchumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 06:50 PM   #267
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatchumby View Post
I think that PCS is better than most about feedback (heck, they even pushed Hugo based on community support). But now that they have ramped up statue production speeds, I suspect that feedback consideration windows might not be as prevalent as before.
I don't mean by which character's or franchises to make statue's for. I'm sure they want that feedback. I meant when it comes to tweaking the sculpts. They'll just reveal a statue and say it's already too late to change anything.
Old 12-01-2022, 09:01 PM   #268
Fullscale_PCS
Company Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatchumby View Post
This exactly. We want to get pieces out to collectors as fast as we can while still delivering high quality and improved detail. Every change slows down the process and every collector has an opinion about almost every aspect of a statue. It's definitely all about balancing changes initial artistic vision and production capacity.
Fullscale_PCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 03:14 AM   #269
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hey Fullscale_PCS, will you be making the dark grey colored version of Fulgore from the 1995 Killer Instinct arcade game into a 1/4 statue, or will you only be making the silver colored version already shown?
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 03:26 PM   #270
brobot
Doh!

Oh man these got me hyped. Fulgore especially looks amazing...

If PCS makes a KI2 Orchid it'll be epic!
brobot is offline   Reply With Quote