Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 04-06-2006, 07:30 PM   #1
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

About DST Doom...

Think twice before you committe to buy..
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:10 PM   #2
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

OK I'll bite...why?
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:15 PM   #3
carrillj
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderV3
Think twice before you committe to buy..
I’m really itching to buy this, just because you say not to. I’ll pick it up, so that I can see the problems for myself.

Doom Rocks.
carrillj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:15 PM   #4
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

OK I found the reason in another thread.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...797#post598797
Old 04-06-2006, 08:30 PM   #5
dr.doom
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I'm very hapy with my DST Doom,great job from Alterton
dr.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:39 PM   #6
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

If it's good enough for Dr. Doom, then it's more than good enough for me. Looking forward to this one, but I will inspect it more carefully now before buying.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:05 PM   #7
dr.doom
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton
If it's good enough for Dr. Doom, then it's more than good enough for me. Looking forward to this one, but I will inspect it more carefully now before buying.
I can say that it looks really better in person than the photos,and I like the idea of the pose,better than posted images.Great sculpt with a clean style,massive statue with good impact.The mask is clean too,with interesting and different style ( how many different style you can see in the comics from the artists? ).The paint job is good on my Doom,really better than other sculpts from DS.DST vs Sideshow?Different style for these 2 statues,a modern one for SS (mask and proportions mainly),classic for DST,and I like the classic style.SS is bigger with the 1/4 scale and so it's easier to sculpt details.Poses are both cool.SS is more expensive with its size.However...however I want a sculpt,totally a sculpt,a statue is a statue,and I don't want clothes on my statue...this is the defect of SS for me.Clothes are a cool idea,a new idea,but personally I want a statue fully sculpted.However,remember we are talking about awesome sculpts
About DST Doom,be careful with the spikes in the upper part of the throne,they seems really fragile.
I repeat,very happy with my Dr.Doom from DST,even if m first love remain the Doom from Bowen
dr.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 09:21 PM   #8
riderV3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.doom
I can say that it looks really better in person than the photos,and I like the idea of the pose,better than posted images.Great sculpt with a clean style,massive statue with good impact.The mask is clean too,with interesting and different style ( how many different style you can see in the comics from the artists? ).The paint job is good on my Doom,really better than other sculpts from DS.DST vs Sideshow?Different style for these 2 statues,a modern one for SS (mask and proportions mainly),classic for DST,and I like the classic style .SS is bigger with the 1/4 scale and so it's easier to sculpt details.Poses are both cool.SS is more expensive with its size.However...however I want a sculpt,totally a sculpt,a statue is a statue,and I don't want clothes on my statue...this is the defect of SS for me.Clothes are a cool idea,a new idea,but personally I want a statue fully sculpted.However,remember we are talking about awesome sculpts
About DST Doom,be careful with the spikes in the upper part of the throne,they seems really fragile.
I repeat,very happy with my Dr.Doom from DST,even if m first love remain the Doom from Bowen
You know, my opinion is only....opinion , I just want to suggest some problems it might has and the reason why should or shouldn't buy it, it actually all up to you guys, I'm not a Bowen-only person, I buy DST MB and Milestone statues, I personally like the Milestone Thing very much, I love that one even better thanBowen one, but this Doom....not really appreciated
Old 04-06-2006, 09:22 PM   #9
Haste05
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I agree with Dr. Doom. I have seen this piece in person, and closely inspected it after reading this, and did not see what v3rider was talking about. Great piece, only thing to worry about is the fragile spikes!
Haste05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 09:29 PM   #10
riderV3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haste05
I agree with Dr. Doom. I have seen this piece in person, and closely inspected it after reading this, and did not see what v3rider was talking about. Great piece, only thing to worry about is the fragile spikes!
Mmmmm.... then I don't know what's wrong with those DST Dooms I saw , if that's not a fact, I wouldn't post it, I love DST, they start my statue collection, I won't have any prejudice among DST like other Bowenist in this forum, I don't have any bad intention , just hope eveyone can notice some problems to protect their own money.