Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 02-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #31
ddddave1
Frackin!

It seems as if really the only way to ship this piece then is to remove all 3 heads the claw and mask and ship them separately..

Wow- sorry about what happened with your's!
ddddave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #32
Spazzy
Hercules

tried that they still ended up broken
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:03 AM   #33
SkyPirate82
Death is hereditary.

He's a great sculpt but, unfortunately, Vega's one statue that I'm just never going to buy. Way too many issues.
SkyPirate82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #34
TheSFToySpirit
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Indeed Vega is awesome, for my part both have breaks on claws but fortunately the ponytail came in mint condition!..
TheSFToySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #35
Jyester
Kindly Asked To Leave
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddddave1 View Post
It seems as if really the only way to ship this piece then is to remove all 3 heads the claw and mask and ship them separately..

Wow- sorry about what happened with your's!
Not the end of the world as mentioned I bought Vega EX & Ken EX with my statue budget at that time and both came with clean breaks. I claimed insurance from the sellers side and was allowed to keep them both if I covered the original shipping costs. That way I put the insurance money from both back into a Ryu who is on route at the moment ... Lets hope he arrives ok

Good news is after a bit of super glue action you would never know there were breaks unless you inspected really closely. Of course I know about them but what you gonna do. Vega was bubble wrapped and packaged up perfectly too as I had read about the ponytail fragility prior to purchase of course. Jerry has said he has learned his lesson with more magnets and better packaging now which is fair enough.

My recommendation of fully insured whether you ship the heads and claw separate or together remains!
Jyester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #36
Spazzy
Hercules

I will be customizing what is left of my Vega (hands and ex head are stuck at the post office, waiting claims approval...almost a year now) so I will be resculpting the hands adding better blades, and an open hand, repainting the hair and logo on the mask, the sticker/decal just doesn't look right...will be a bit of time before I get to it, but excited to do it.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #37
SkyPirate82
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
I will be customizing what is left of my Vega (hands and ex head are stuck at the post office, waiting claims approval...almost a year now).

A YEAR????!!!! Have they given you any (good) reason as to why it's taking them so long?
SkyPirate82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #38
Spazzy
Hercules

no, but I know the real reason, they are a bunch of idiots that lose paperwork, and when they do have the paperwork they don't research it, causing delays. They have tried denying many times, but I keep fighting it.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #39
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

My vega's claws were fine, but pony tail was snapped. Luckily it was a clean snap so after I glued it, I couldnt even tell where the snap was.
SARFARAZ is offline   Reply With Quote