Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 11-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #1
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Mortal Kombat Prop Replicas

Im interested in hearing your thoughts on this. What types of things might you want ?

For those who arent familiar with prop replicas it would be things like actual full size weapons, masks, even a severed head.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
antnie
I am da law!

Would a severed head be classified as a 1:1 bust?
antnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
Sinister Mister
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Not really interested in owning replicas of the characters weapons. If somebody wanted sais for instance they could buy the real things already. I think the only things that would sell or that I would be interested in would be a replica of the MK logo dragon medallion an perhaps Scorpions spear. That's about it really.
Sinister Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:11 PM   #4
Dreamland
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister Mister View Post
Not really interested in owning replicas of the characters weapons. If somebody wanted sais for instance they could buy the real things already. I think the only things that would sell or that I would be interested in would be a replica of the MK logo dragon medallion an perhaps Scorpions spear. That's about it really.
100% Agree. At first I was thinking "Awesome!", then I thought the only real weapon I would actually buy would be scorpions spear I actually can't think of any prop replicas that are worth owning and have a big influence in the game. Johnny Cages glasses? Wouldnt really buy those...and sub zero is my favourite character and he doesnt have a weapon...
Dreamland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:19 PM   #5
Atheris
The Maxx

I would buy prop replicas for sure. Only issue is, not every character has them. Kung Lao's hat would be pretty cool!

But the best prop replicas would obviously be their masks. The way I figure it though...if your gonna make their mask, might as well make the rest of the head to go with it. So we arrive again at making full scale 1:1 busts!...which I would be ALL OVER!

Can you imagine how cool a 1:1 scorpion, sub-zero, goro or baraka bust would look?!. It would be as if they came right out of the game. PLEASEEE...make it happen jerry!

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:19 PM   #6
Atheris
The Maxx

Double post

Chris
Old 11-18-2011, 03:23 PM   #7
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamland View Post
100% Agree. At first I was thinking "Awesome!", then I thought the only real weapon I would actually buy would be scorpions spear I actually can't think of any prop replicas that are worth owning and have a big influence in the game. Johnny Cages glasses? Wouldnt really buy those...and sub zero is my favourite character and he doesnt have a weapon...
He has an ice sword

Chris
Old 11-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #8
Dreamland
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Talking

The ice sword isn't that relevant or a classic weapon worthy of a prop. He doesn't even use it in the first few games. It's not a special move either. It's never in any promo shots etc like the cover of the game, it's always been scorpions spear and sub zeros freeze. Subs sword is irrelevant. Its like doing a prop of the sword Neo has in the matrix, just not important.

However if Jerry could do a 1:1 crazy iceball that would be intense!!! Probably would get alot of attention and people would talk about it!!
Old 11-18-2011, 04:12 PM   #9
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamland View Post
So no one would like Kitana's Sai's (cant get those just any old place). What about Kano's awesome looking and well designed knives (can't get those designs any old place). What about Kung Lao's Hat (damn sure cant get that any old place)? Should I go on? Cause there is a bunch more that people really really overlook.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #10
Dreamland

I would buy Kitanas fans but have no interest in kanos little knives or Kung Laos hat. I would buy a 1:1 flying iceball though...that would be awesome