Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

View Poll Results: Which version of Sabretooth do you prefer?
Keep it as is (Mr. Sosas initial sculpt) 94 48.70%
New Sculpt (Classic Version) 49 25.39%
New Sculpt (Modern Version) 50 25.91%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2014, 05:55 PM   #31
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by amloprinzi View Post
I think what crankyjammies is trying to say is that the released a brown wolverine, rogue, and Sabertooth around the same time. Since then they were canceled or re sculpted, that's why they made a new rogue and brown wolverine. I guess it would be safe to assume that if koto did release a Sabertooth it would be a new sculpt. I hope that helps.
I think you can make the same argument that Koto will not make a classic version. Reason being, this DRS line has been based off Jim Lee 90's style.

So if a Sabretooth were to ever get produced, odds are it will be a modern version new sculpt.
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:12 PM   #32
amloprinzi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Very true hellsbells, sabertooth is high on my list of danger room session. Although I realize other have there favorite, I think the only problem with the Bowen sabertooth is its to small with the koto wolverine. Sabertooth is quite bigger than wolverine. Thanks for everyone's input let's keep this thread going.
amloprinzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:17 PM   #33
amloprinzi

Sorry, I didn't mean wolverine is a monster compared to wolverine when I sad quite bigger, but bigger in general.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:11 PM   #34
Skully
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I agree with the recent posts. The sabretooth bowen is actually pretty good, same goes for apocalypse. My only gripe on those are the size. Like when you dispaly apocalypse bowen next to magneto koto, he looks so puny. Apocalypse should be big and imposing. If only they are correct in scale then i would want a different character for the drs line like maybe a definitive jim lee version of storm? Nightcrawer? Or maybe iceman?
Skully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:59 PM   #35
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amloprinzi View Post
I think what crankyjammies is trying to say is that the released a brown wolverine, rogue, and Sabertooth around the same time. Since then they were canceled or re sculpted, that's why they made a new rogue and brown wolverine. I guess it would be safe to assume that if koto did release a Sabertooth it would be a new sculpt. I hope that helps.
Exactly. Koto, so far, has never released any of their cancelled sculpts if we go by historical evidences, such as X-force Wolverine, Brown Wolverine, and Rogue.

If they do release a Sabretooth statue, it would be a new sculpt, I'm telling you.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:00 PM   #36
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsbells51 View Post
I think you can make the same argument that Koto will not make a classic version. Reason being, this DRS line has been based off Jim Lee 90's style.

So if a Sabretooth were to ever get produced, odds are it will be a modern version new sculpt.
This.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:10 PM   #37
Skully

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyjammies View Post
Exactly. Koto, so far, has never released any of their cancelled sculpts if we go by historical evidences, such as X-force Wolverine, Brown Wolverine, and Rogue.

If they do release a Sabretooth statue, it would be a new sculpt, I'm telling you.
Thats actually cool. Eric did indeed improve massively in his recent sculpts and getting an entirely new one for sabretooth will be awesome!!

I bring this point though, although modern sabretooth will suit this line better, i still think there's a slim possibility that they will do the classic route because of the new brown wolverine which i think had a higher es number compared to the yellow version. In theory A classic sabretooth would be a better companion piece to the brown one and that i think is the main reason that opened the door to the classic sabretooth version. I still hope its the modern version though lol
Old 10-19-2014, 08:23 PM   #38
IMr_IRock
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The classic or 1st appearance sabretooth, imo the bowen version is spot on with the design and scuplt...I would go modern since Eric can really go wild on a scuplt...would like a wide arm jumping pose ...or very visceral..

I'm suprised noone really thought of a DRS Nightcrawler...think of the Spiderman Eric did a few years back...imagine what possibilities with Nightcrawler.
IMr_IRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:35 PM   #39
Skully

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMr_IRock View Post
The classic or 1st appearance sabretooth, imo the bowen version is spot on with the design and scuplt...I would go modern since Eric can really go wild on a scuplt...would like a wide arm jumping pose ...or very visceral..

I'm suprised noone really thought of a DRS Nightcrawler...think of the Spiderman Eric did a few years back...imagine what possibilities with Nightcrawler.
I actually have nightcrawler on my whish list. Hope he's also in the pipeline!
Old 10-20-2014, 03:22 AM   #40
amloprinzi

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know I posted a question on ask koto and gonk answered, I told him we are all campaign for a sabertooth. Also that we would like to see one released in the future, he said he will definitely be keeping an eye on this tread for future release. I hope we can continue to get this campaign growing i know with everyone's support and help we can make this happen so we are going to need everyone's help, so tell your friends on the fourms to join in and drop a comment, or just anyone who wants this character made. Thanks for starting this thread skully.