Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-17-2017, 11:51 AM   #301
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Can't wait to see Covenant on Friday! Two days to go!
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:53 AM   #302
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I haven't seen Covenant yet as it comes out this weekend in the states but there are only 2 reasons I can see for withholding this Prologue from the film...

1) it's a break from the linear narrative RS wanted to establish and would take away from the mystery of going on this journey with the crew of the Covenant.

2) "Awakening," or whatever it's going to be called will indeed be a prequel to Covenenat and a true sequel to Prometheus therefore covering this material.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:12 PM   #303
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I quite enjoyed this although it's no where near as good as the original or first sequel. It's a bloody affair and thankfully there wasn't as much cringe factor that ruined Prometheus for me. I'm looking forward to the next instalment.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:11 PM   #304
SONICobra
Batman

tested has been doing a bunch of behind the scenes featurettes, I found this one particularly interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_kr8mAM5Dg
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:34 PM   #305
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I haven't seen Covenant yet as it comes out this weekend in the states but there are only 2 reasons I can see for withholding this Prologue from the film...

1) it's a break from the linear narrative RS wanted to establish and would take away from the mystery of going on this journey with the crew of the Covenant.

2) "Awakening," or whatever it's going to be called will indeed be a prequel to Covenenat and a true sequel to Prometheus therefore covering this material.
I'm hoping for 2, definitely plausible.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:48 PM   #306
Vallos
Jubilee

https://www.fandango.com/movie-news/...e-works-752049

We asked Scott what the timeline looked like -- would it be Prometheus, Covenant and then this next movie before we arrive at the events of the original Alien. That's when the answer became a bit foggy as it appears he slips in the title for another movie we haven't seen yet and positions it between Prometheus and Covenant.-

"It will go Prometheus, Awakening, Covenant.. fairly integral where this colonization ship is on the way...."

There is chatter in the various Alien fan forums that Scott and Fox needed a good box office haul to continue funding more Alien movies and, figured that showing a "classic" Alien tale for this installment was a better bet.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:28 PM   #307
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Thanks HB!
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:45 AM   #308
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post

We asked Scott what the timeline looked like -- would it be Prometheus, Covenant and then this next movie before we arrive at the events of the original Alien. That's when the answer became a bit foggy as it appears he slips in the title for another movie we haven't seen yet and positions it between Prometheus and Covenant.-

"It will go Prometheus, Awakening, Covenant.. fairly integral where this colonization ship is on the way...."

There is chatter in the various Alien fan forums that Scott and Fox needed a good box office haul to continue funding more Alien movies and, figured that showing a "classic" Alien tale for this installment was a better bet.
Interesting timeline. I wonder if it'll follow David and Shaw? I'm gonna guess Covenant doesn't give us much in the way of answers as to exactly what we'll see next.

I just watched Prometheus this evening in preparation. Such a great film. Can't wait to see this in a few days.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:32 AM   #309
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:

So in a way, Covenant is like a huge spoiler for the film that comes before it?
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:53 AM   #310
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:

Most definitley. I Loved what he did with the franchise in Prometheus.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote