Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 08-20-2010, 09:31 AM   #11
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Thanks for the update, Kal. This has been one of my favorite titles of the last few years. Sorry to hear it's publishing will be suspended, for a while at least I guess. I hope Dynamite can get a strong creative team back on this book. To your point about Green Hornet, I know there's a movie they're riding on right now but, yeah, they should be able to put as much effort into one of their most stellar titles, too.
wktf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:58 PM   #12
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

I got Weapon X and got my comics delivered today. Looking forward to reading it
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:04 PM   #13
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Great reviews, guys! I agree with Joe: Thunderbolts is kicking all kinds of butt. In fact, Thunderbolts and Avengers Academy have quickly become two of the titles I look forward to most every month. The characterization and action have been great. But I'm becoming a bit more underwhelmed with Secret Avengers. I'm having a hard time putting a finger on the reason, but it just hasn't hooked me yet.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:16 AM   #14
supahman
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Thanks for the reviews all,
M collecting Lone Ranger in trades, And indeed it is slow coming, but i'd hate to see it stop.
I need to Get Weapon X now, Again i have the first 2 trades, but i think i'll get this single issue.

Nothing Kicked muc butt this week. It was good to see the Martian Angle explained in Brightest day. It was strange also that they went only with detailing the stories on 2 characters ( Martian manhunter and the Hawks ) instead of the whole resurrected pantheon. Just get a feeling that this will serve the story better. a good read.
supahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:51 PM   #15
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

I read Weapon X last night.

Thought it was OK(Still waiting for my Second coming HC) The art was pretty poor IMO. I can't remember Kurt being that deep into religion...?

And the idea that wolverine could haul a piano up the side of a mountain was pretty funny
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:58 PM   #16
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Thanks for the update, Kal. This has been one of my favorite titles of the last few years. Sorry to hear it's publishing will be suspended, for a while at least I guess. I hope Dynamite can get a strong creative team back on this book. To your point about Green Hornet, I know there's a movie they're riding on right now but, yeah, they should be able to put as much effort into one of their most stellar titles, too.
Joe:
On that note I just looked at Dynamite's books for November and they have THE LONE RANGER & TONTO # 4 solicited. Maybe they will keep that book going in a semi-regular way until the main book can come back.

Oh and literally 9-10 Green Hornet books
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:35 PM   #17
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal-el View Post
Joe:
On that note I just looked at Dynamite's books for November and they have THE LONE RANGER & TONTO # 4 solicited. Maybe they will keep that book going in a semi-regular way until the main book can come back.

Oh and literally 9-10 Green Hornet books
Ironic, considering that The Green Hornet actually is a family descendant of The Lone Ranger, you'd think they'd show more respect.
wktf is online now   Reply With Quote