Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 10-16-2016, 09:26 PM   #11
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I would love to re-issue the first batch of marvel bishoujo's. Psylocke and black widow was re-issued on a bigger scale to fit the latest line. its time to do the rest

ROGUE
SCARLET WITCH
EMMA FROST
BOTH PHOENIX
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 10:11 PM   #12
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
I would love to re-issue the first batch of marvel bishoujo's. Psylocke and black widow was re-issued on a bigger scale to fit the latest line. its time to do the rest

ROGUE
SCARLET WITCH
EMMA FROST
BOTH PHOENIX
Agreed! But, only new sculpts, not re-issues of the original small ones.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 10:23 PM   #13
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Not reissue...new sculpt only!!
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 11:17 PM   #14
qz33
Rescue

Reissues are great for Kotobukiya; no new &D cost just profit after production. These are already amde in high numbers so I'm all for it.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 12:16 AM   #15
mickey
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
This got me to open mine today that I bought back in Feburary 2015!

The light up is pretty smart as it's all in the arm including the batteries and the switches are the lightsaber ends that twist.
Yeah, there are plenty of him in-stock last year, but around July, I think the stocks (in the local shops) have ran out and people are still asking for him.

The light up lightsaber adds to the already awesome sculpt and pose. They really should bring him back in the market.
mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:22 AM   #16
qz33
Rescue

Wasn't this a 2nd release too?
I think that's why I bought it. I had looked for it before then found out about hte rerelease. Passed some chances at $87 but once it got to $98 I jumped before it broke $100.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:33 AM   #17
mickey
The Avengers

Ah, yeah, you're right. First release was back in 2011.
2nd run was on November 2014... Dang, I passed up on his 2nd run!
I hope he'd get a third rerelease. Batman went on a third run...
Old 10-17-2016, 05:08 AM   #18
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
While I've missed a few Bishoujos from having started collecting late in the game, I'd rather Kotobukiya produce new statues of previously done characters instead, like the recent Harley Quinn, especially with the frequency of costume updates in the comics.
I would rather they just do both. Continue releasing new statues and re-releasing the older statues for people that weren't able to get them. Since these aren't limited editions, Koto can re-release figures as they see fit and given the amount of growth we hve seen in the statue market, it would be nice if they did do re-releases more often as people shouldn't have to pay $150-$250 for a past release when its not even a limited edition. I for one will never pay high prices for past releases. If they were limited editions and numbered.....well, that would be a different ballgame altogether, but that isn't the case.

So again, IMO I think Koto should do both. That way thier pleasing the people wanting new statues and the people seeking to aquire older releases and lets face it, re-releasing older statues does not require a lot of work on Koto's end. The design is already done. All they have to do is place a new order from whatever companies thier using for production.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:59 AM   #19
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Agreed! But, only new sculpts, not re-issues of the original small ones.
Agreed!!
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:21 AM   #20
mickey
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
...Since these aren't limited editions, Koto can re-release figures as they see fit and given the amount of growth we hve seen in the statue market, it would be nice if they did do re-releases more often as people shouldn't have to pay $150-$250 for a past release when its not even a limited edition. I for one will never pay high prices for past releases. If they were limited editions and numbered.....well, that would be a different ballgame altogether, but that isn't the case.
I couldn't agree more.
Let the price climb for figures that are limited, exclusive or numbered. Spending more on something limited is a little justifiable, but spending way too much on an ordinary release isn't quite fulfilling.
It even feels kind of dumb :P