Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-11-2020, 10:45 AM   #781
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIEL RAND View Post
I imagine that the XM designers thought a lot before defining the Hulk Transformation as we know it today. Certainly, a sculpture similar to the one shown in the photo was thought and rethought several times. However, when you put all this in the price calculator, they realized that the final cost of the piece would be quite high.

However, high cost does not seem to be the problem of XM when defining its releases. Hulkbuster, Sentinel XM and Darkside Vs LJA are there to prove it. However, perhaps that was not the central idea when they decided to launch the Hulk Transformation. They wanted a piece that would immortalize the transformation, but at the same time be a little more accessible, since the Hulk is one of the most cultured characters in pop culture, and soon, many people would like to have this piece at home.

After all, just like today several collectors say that they would rather buy the Hulk simply, and discard the Banner, imagine how many people would not say the same thing in front of a piece with three sculptures (including the Hulkbanner as the second phase of the transformation). There would be a shower of negative criticism and phrases like "can I just buy the Hulk and leave the other two pieces out of the package?"

Therefore, I am very satisfied with the result of XM. And keep in mind that Banner, kneeling, with both hands squeezing his head (in an attempt to contain the monster that howls from the inside out) already shows evident signs of what would be the third step of the transformation. His clothes start to tear in the face of the enormous increase in muscle mass and his eyes sparkle, warning the world that something never seen breaks through him, boosted by the green and devastating effect of gamma radiation.
Agreed, I don't think the middle Hulk is really necessary...everyone knows how this works already.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 06:34 PM   #782
CWalker
The Avengers

Repeating again, I believe it was meant to be a modern version of:

CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 07:41 PM   #783
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Yup
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 07:43 PM   #784
Zolos
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I think the concepts with the different steps of the transformation are looking terrible.

I am glad with the transformation concept xm went with.
Zolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 12:10 AM   #785
FJC
Midnighter

This piece is absolutely perfect as is. This is the best HULK statue ever made IMO. Why would anyone want multiple Banner statues in front of it? It would only serve to block most of this phenomenal HULK statue. I want to see MORE of it, not less.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 08:29 AM   #786
CWalker
The Avengers

Truth
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 04:31 AM   #787
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I'm doubtful, but hopeful, that a 120cm x 60cm unit I have will allow me to display an 'evolution of Hulk' collection - Hulk Transformation on one half, Gladiator Hulk on the other, banner in the middle and if there's enough depth, the Sideshow Gray Hulk behind it. May not be possible or look too much, but I think I'd be happy if it worked! I even have the old Hulk reading books (upside down mind!) bust from Art Asylum that would work great with this!!
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 12:19 AM   #788
GammaPro
Fantastic Four

Is this piece still available anywhere?
GammaPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 02:53 AM   #789
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaPro View Post
Is this piece still available anywhere?
Looks like specfictionshop is still taking orders.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 09:36 PM   #790
GammaPro
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Looks like specfictionshop is still taking orders.
I may have put the cart before the horse. I went ahead and preordered it from Specfiction using their flex play plan. But, others are saying they heard it won't be available in the US because XM Studios doesn't have a license here. Did I make a huge mistake and pay a deposit only to find out they won't be able to ship to me??

I listed my address and it was an obvious US address.
GammaPro is offline   Reply With Quote