Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 11-08-2007, 01:38 AM   #21
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
ACM, of course there are real churches. The one mentioned in this story, however, is not. Belonging to a church doesn't automatically make anyone a lemming.
I'm assuming ACM was referring to the "cult-esque" aspects of the group under discussion here, as some cults followly blindly, even sofar as mass executions through poisoned Kool-Aid, etc. I don't think he meant church-goers in general are lemmings.. I would hope. If so.. I'm guilty. My wife and I have vastly different religions, due to upbringing, but we still respect the beliefs of one another.

I myself am a church-goer, although I hardly go as often as I'd like to. Faith is a lot of things to a lot of different people, but the people who tormented the proceedings honoring that fallen soldier hardly represent anything remotely representing people of "good faith". They're not representational of that form of religion (Christian Baptist, I think it was?), they're just representational of a piece of crap ministry at that particular establishment (church) in that particular town.

The "church-goers" represented in that article are deviants to society, let alone religion.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:30 AM   #22
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
One thing that p!sses me off about the Westboro Baptist Church is that they drag their kids around with them. I am sure their 4 yr olds can really grasp the meaning of what they are protesting. I was driving through KC the other day and it seemed every church had people outside it protesting abortion, this does not bother me, what did bother me was all the little kids out holding signs that say, "abortion kills babies!" one kid's sign read, "I thank God my parents did not abort me!" These little kids are being brain washed by their parents..........it makes me sick.................this is one reason I dislike organized religion......
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:44 PM   #23
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Above post:

one kid's sign read, "I thank God my parents did not abort me!"

That's disgusting. Honestly, words fail me...

Some people aren't meant to have children.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:52 PM   #24
Jack8022
Daredevil

Those people are scum.
How can you do that to a grieving family? Nothing justifies it. Using "religious beliefs" as their guise to spread such bile is fanatically warped.
Scum.
Jack8022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:54 PM   #25
malkii
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Location: Somewhere you have never been, nor do you want to go...
This church is just not a chruch at all... all that they preach is hate... even if they don't believe what someone is doing is religiously correct, you still don't hate them... they have a website called GodHatesFags.com on this webisite they have things like the countdown of how many days people like Matthew Sheperd have been in hell... it is just awful to see, like someone else said the kids that are growing up in this enviornment that never have a chance...
malkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:02 AM   #26
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Above post:

one kid's sign read, "I thank God my parents did not abort me!"

That's disgusting. Honestly, words fail me...

Some people aren't meant to have children.
Tell me about it................. The only good part of this was my 9 yr old was with me and I got to explain to him what was going on.. So, I guess I was doing the same thing these other people were doing by impressing MY values on my son............
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:39 AM   #27
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I think when picket signs are on the agenda for a group's way to get their point across, they need someone else to plan how they can get their message out.

To me, picket signs usually are synonymous with desperation.. or stupidity (not always both, not always either.. thus the "usually").
Old 11-23-2007, 05:36 PM   #28
bat_collector
Galactus

I saw these guys on tyra banks and honestly wish they would all go away. The hatred they preach is so against the bible they claim to follow.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 06:00 PM   #29
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

They're really nasty by doing that, crazy people...
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote