Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 11-01-2008, 08:22 AM   #21
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

My usual question of is there online play?
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:34 AM   #22
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I will play Fallout 3 as soon as i find one. BTW If you like this game Stalker is a pretty good alternatif. (Conseptwise)

The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:31 AM   #23
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
My usual question of is there online play?
No online. It's all about the massive single player experience. I'm sure there will be DLC, but this game probably wouldn't work that well in normal online modes.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:16 AM   #24
Endless Wake
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
I changed my mind. You shouldn't get this. It'll rob your life. I've had a hell of a time walking away from this game.
Thats my fear. I usually stick to fighting games that I can play a quick match with a pal every now and then. But something like this would be calling to me my every free moment, and the truth is there are a hundred other things I should probably be doing.
Endless Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:08 PM   #25
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Wake View Post
Thats my fear. I usually stick to fighting games that I can play a quick match with a pal every now and then. But something like this would be calling to me my every free moment, and the truth is there are a hundred other things I should probably be doing.
It's a legitimate fear, let me tell you. I'm not even the type to play games for hours straight, but this one's always got that "one more thing" aspect to it that makes stopping hard.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:38 AM   #26
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Gah.. I literally put in about 5 hours on this game today.. my first day of playing it.

Sooo worth the wait. Very enjoyable.

The action point system makes for intense fights.. having to evade someone who's trying to melee you while you wait for your points to replenish (sure, I could swap to a melee weapon which costs less ap, but where's the fun in that? ) is incredibly enjoyable. My biggest fight so far was two super mutants (one with a mini-gun) and one of those Medusa critters near a church while I was looking for that "Family" gang (which I haven't found yet... grr. The "hideout" waypoint didn't take me to a hideout..unless it's really well hidden or something. )
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 02:45 PM   #27
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Gah.. I literally put in about 5 hours on this game today.. my first day of playing it.

Sooo worth the wait. Very enjoyable.

The action point system makes for intense fights.. having to evade someone who's trying to melee you while you wait for your points to replenish (sure, I could swap to a melee weapon which costs less ap, but where's the fun in that? ) is incredibly enjoyable. My biggest fight so far was two super mutants (one with a mini-gun) and one of those Medusa critters near a church while I was looking for that "Family" gang (which I haven't found yet... grr. The "hideout" waypoint didn't take me to a hideout..unless it's really well hidden or something. )
It's addictive isn't it? I'm still learning the little nuances of the battle system and how everything else works.

It took me a while to find "the Family" too. If you still can't find it, I can help if you'd like.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:25 PM   #28
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Actually, I found The Family, but Ian's not in his f#ckin' room.. the room I think he's supposed to be in.

Not sittin' near my tv to reference, but I killed off the entire Family since my Speech % was too low to coerce Vance, got the keycard from him to open the locked door, and a cardtable and folding chair were waiting for me on the other side.. but no Ian.

He's SUPPOSED to be in there, right?

Also, I steal quite a lot, is there a gauge somewhere on your good karma vs. evil karma? I probably just haven't looked hard enough.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:57 PM   #29
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Never mind.. found Ian.

Found the Karma gauge also.

Apparently all my stealing has made me quite evil.

I'm planning on playing through again as a melee/"good" class.. can't wait to eventually blow up Megaton this time around (after I get pretty far into the game and have bought up/salvaged everything of value from the town).

I love how the game's economy is in the crapper so much.. money (or bottlecaps.. haha) shouldn't grow on trees or have the same value as it did pre-apocalypse, and this game pulls it off well. Finding uncontaminated food/water is as important to me as finding bottlecaps.

I'll definitely be sneakin' down to play some more once my wife's asleep tonight.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:46 AM   #30
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Ok give it up guys, where's the family? Cant seem to find those inbreds
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote