Old 05-23-2018, 11:26 AM   #1231
dao2
Cyclops

my magnets are pretty strong
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:47 PM   #1232
Python
Omega Red

Well it took two years and three months from ordering, but I finally have a complete PCS Modern Dredd statue. It was a rollercoaster getting here, but ultimately it was worth the wait imo. For the asking price, this is a cool statue and I'm glad I have it. Like everything, it has it's cons. It could look a lot more like Karl Urban in the face for starters, and the entire outfit is too narrow and fitting and the seem where the switch out arm joins could have been hidden much better within the natural grooves of the sculpt. It is also disappointing that we were promised changes to the over sized Lawgiver and holster that simply didn't happen. But don't let any of that put you off too much. In person this is a pretty impressive statue. If you are a fan of the movie, you could do much worse than grab one of these while you still can. Even the EX is still available weirdly despite being limited to only 200 pieces. And I highly recommend going for that version. In the pictures before hand, I preferred the regular arm setup. But having it in person has completely changed my mind on that, I like both looks, but I'll be displaying the EX arm for now as it looks great.

I'll let the pictures hopefully speak for themselves, it's a dull day but the light is still little harsh. This does have some subtle colours that have been washed out a bit. The paint isn't too bad actually, it's around the level of the average PF I suppose. Ultimately this gets a recommendation and a thumbs up from me, unless Prime 1 make this in 1/3, I can't see any better options for this coming along....

I like it.

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:48 PM   #1233
Python
Omega Red

Old 06-01-2018, 01:48 PM   #1234
Python
Omega Red

Comic head

Old 06-01-2018, 03:48 PM   #1235
Mister H
Gen 13

Looks fantastic with all that light.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 10:11 PM   #1236
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Pleased you finally got all this sorted out Matt.

You were very patient and your patience was ultimately rewarded.

I'm still glad I passed - I prefer the Art Figure 1/6 action figure - but this is cool too.

Thanks for all the pics

All's well that ends well

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 05:27 AM   #1237
Python
Omega Red

No problem, I don't have any backdrops etc since moving house, but I might try to get some better pictures in future. I like the art figure, but I always favor a decent statue, they just have a bit more too them imo. The base on this is fairly simple, but it works well and is nicely painted for the most part. The weathering on it is a bit too uniform and that is one of the only things I'll likely touch up on this. This statue has a lot going for it, I think it's one of those that grows on you the more you see it. Even despite liking it initially. It was definitely worth the wait and I recommend any fan of the movie to get this if they have a bit of spare cash.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:03 PM   #1238
IronGold
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
No problem, I don't have any backdrops etc since moving house, but I might try to get some better pictures in future. I like the art figure, but I always favor a decent statue, they just have a bit more too them imo. The base on this is fairly simple, but it works well and is nicely painted for the most part. The weathering on it is a bit too uniform and that is one of the only things I'll likely touch up on this. This statue has a lot going for it, I think it's one of those that grows on you the more you see it. Even despite liking it initially. It was definitely worth the wait and I recommend any fan of the movie to get this if they have a bit of spare cash.
Awesome out door pics bro looks really nice and I agree, after you have him for a while he just grows on you, awesome pose and that red helmet just pops. Super badass for any movie Dredd fan.
IronGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 03:55 PM   #1239
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronGold View Post
Awesome out door pics bro looks really nice and I agree, after you have him for a while he just grows on you, awesome pose and that red helmet just pops. Super badass for any movie Dredd fan.

Thank you! And yeah, the red and blue base coats of the helmet are very well done I have to say. The red pops adding some much needed contrast to the statue, and the deep blue has a really nice shine to it. I like this thing, I'm tempted by the comic version again but I still don't like the base on it....
Old 06-03-2018, 06:44 PM   #1240
qz33
Rescue

It's great to hear when someone is so satisfied with a statue.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote