Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-12-2021, 01:23 AM   #1
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Powering your battery powered statue via USB

Hey all,

I was browsing Aliexpress looking for parts to do a light up for model kit diorama I am planning and I came across this battery replacement option. Available for 1.5, 3.0, 4.5 and 6.0 Vdc with dummy batteries for AA and AAA. So I was thinking this would be a great option for those premium format statues that only had a battery compartment. Adapts to USB. The downside would be leaving the battery door off and depending on the thickness of the cable, would there enough be clearance under the statue or would risers be needed. I am going to get a couple of 4.5V AAA to power the 1/4 scale Hot Toys Thanos and Hulk infinity gauntlets. I just need to make a custom base to hide the wiring underneath.

I was just curious if anyone else has tried this for their statue setup. Please share photos if you have.

jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 01:55 AM   #2
SDguy

They also make just A/C plug versions... I always wanted to try one but never did. I know they make them with thin enough cords to fit under the base
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	61NEcM7HpbL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	135951  
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 03:57 AM   #3
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I thought about looking for one that had AC adapter. But I passed because if the adapter dies, you need to find one that has the same kind of voltage, connector and polarity. Versus a USB one, there are endless AC to USB adapters and it if dies, easy to get one to replace.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 05:25 AM   #4
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I thought about looking for one that had AC adapter. But I passed because if the adapter dies, you need to find one that has the same kind of voltage, connector and polarity. Versus a USB one, there are endless AC to USB adapters and it if dies, easy to get one to replace.
Very glass half empty, but you are correct.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote