Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 09-25-2016, 11:42 AM   #1
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Imagination Art blowup

I am seeing a lot of crap on FB around IA and Danny Lim. Anyone know the scoop?
Old 09-25-2016, 12:13 PM   #2
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Who knows, man. It was very unprofessional from both parties, but for Radd Titan (Alex Thomas) to post what he did about IA is a whole lot lower than a dude publicly imploding because he felt RT was being biased toward other companies. To falsely discredit an entire company, on Facebook of all places, because it's owner got jealous is just not cool. At best, what they both could've done was just yell at each other and/or ended their relationship through PMs.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:55 PM   #3
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

I don't have facebook. PM me the details

Was this a case of my Hulkbuster is better than yours?
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:56 PM   #4
risingstar
Jedi Order

As bad as this sounds, fans have been speculating the behind-the-scenes rationales of companies since the dawn of time. From that regard, it just is what it is and frankly, that likely won't change any time soon. However, when company owners get impulsive and publicly blow up like that because they read something they don't like, it just looks bad.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:05 PM   #5
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
Who knows, man. It was very unprofessional from both parties, but for Radd Titan (Alex Thomas) to post what he did about IA is a whole lot lower than a dude publicly imploding because he felt RT was being biased toward other companies. To falsely discredit an entire company, on Facebook of all places, because it's owner got jealous is just not cool. At best, what they both could've done was just yell at each other and/or ended their relationship through PMs.
agreed. as a business owner myself, I can understand the frustration Danny Lim vented, but you never ever want to have a public melt down like that. You keep that stuff behind the scenes and have it out in private. It always looks bad when you blow up like that in public no matter if you're in the right or not.

as for RT, if their accusations are not 100% factual then they need to recant immediately. You can't undermine / discredit a small business like that without being certain. very unprofessional and damaging IMO.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:15 PM   #6
Parallax
Nightwing

The whole event started with Danny Lim publicly cursing out Alex from Radd Titan because he spent more time with XM Studios than Imaginarium Arts at STGCC. He tried to diffuse the situation privately, but Danny wouldn't respond, so he decided to make a post and explain what happened. To summarize, Imaginarium Arts requested that Radd Titan not cover any companies other than IA. Alex declined and went on to provide a ton of coverage for XM Studios new pieces at STGCC. Basically, he's cursing out Radd Titan for being impartial. He wanted Imaginarium to be held to a higher standard than the other companies and got mad when he showed off XM pieces.

I don't see how it's wrong to discredit an entire company based on the actions of their owner. It's his company and he's the one who's going to suffer from this. If you don't want someone to cover other companies, maybe you should make sure they'd agree to that before you send them free statues. Radd Titan is just two friends who make video reviews together. They're not a professional business and there is nothing wrong with them pointing out how disgusting the owner of a company treats his customers. Since this post, multiple people have come forth with screenshots of Danny Lim trash talking customers and artists. I don't know exactly what the rules are here with language, but I have screenshots that I can post.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:20 PM   #7
Parallax
Nightwing

Here's the original

Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:21 PM   #8
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
agreed. as a business owner myself, I can understand the frustration Danny Lim vented, but you never ever want to have a public melt down like that. You keep that stuff behind the scenes and have it out in private. It always looks bad when you blow up like that in public no matter if you're in the right or not.

as for RT, if their accusations are not 100% factual then they need to recant immediately. You can't undermine / discredit a small business like that without being certain. very unprofessional and damaging IMO.

While I'm not defending RT, let's be fair here, it's not like RT is Walter Cronkite. There shouldn't be this expectation that he should report thoughts and ideas like a fact-checking CNN news anchor. If people are going to believe everything they read or hear online without scrutiny, perhaps they need to take a break from reading online texts because it is filled with unfounded or personal opinions often stated as facts.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 02:07 PM   #9
aa909
The Green Hornet

^^^ I don't know about other countries but in the US it is libel to spread falsehoods that can damage a company. So you don't have to be CNN to end up in a lawsuit if the company can show your comments on social media (or otherwise) have damaged their sales.

RT has tons of followers, and if they actually stated that IA has lost their marvel License and owner is in bankruptcy and so on, they better be right. If they're not right, then they have legal exposure here. It's up to IA to decide if they pursue legal action and can show damages.

BTW I personally may pass on the IA Hulkbuster based on RTs "comments". IA can easily round up these posts and follow up with individuals via pm to start building thei legal case for damages. Now if RT is right then it's moot.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 02:19 PM   #10
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

What are the comments about Hulkbuster?

Just curious since I just spent about $1900 on it.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote