Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 09-25-2016, 02:20 PM   #11
Parallax
Nightwing

I believe the post was taken down, but there was one that had screenshots of Danny Lim cursing out the artist that designed the Pepper Potts Rescue base and refused to give him credit.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 02:24 PM   #12
Marvel O'Gen
Frackin!

RT clarifies that those 'allegations' were merely his predictions on IA after this fiasco. I think it's a small matter blown out of proportion.
Marvel O'Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 02:46 PM   #13
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel O'Gen View Post
RT clarifies that those 'allegations' were merely his predictions on IA after this fiasco. I think it's a small matter blown out of proportion.
not surprised RT is backtracking, someone probably whispered in their ear that they opened themselves up to potential lawsuit. But it's sorta too late IMO, they've already muddied the waters for IA. For example, as a potential customer I don't know what to believe now.

Bottom line is what Danny did was stupid and self destructive. What RT did was worse because they admittedly made stuff up to undermine the company... Then started backtracking to cover their arse.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 03:04 PM   #14
Aphotic
A day without sunshine is like... night.

RT is representing a YouTube channel that is based on opinions about statues, whereas Danny Lim is the face and voice of a company. I'm pretty sure that whatever RT does is a lot less severe than the head of a B2C company having a meltdown because a reviewer wanted to provide impartial coverage.

Could Alex have done it through PM? He could have, but he was not the one that plastered it publicly and instigated this. I don't know what Danny Lim was thinking but his actions and comment is infinitely more detrimental to their reputation as a business. Alex apologized out of courtesy to the folks that watch their reviews.
Aphotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 03:09 PM   #15
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Sent you a PM on facebook Bagshot.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 04:38 PM   #16
wanderlai
The Tick

The thing I took away from it was basically saying the IA owner filed bankruptcy. That's a huge thing if true especially for those of us that have preorders with them.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 05:14 PM   #17
Parallax
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlai View Post
The thing I took away from it was basically saying the IA owner filed bankruptcy. That's a huge thing if true especially for those of us that have preorders with them.
Alex has clarified that this is just him assuming what will happen in the future based on the way he acts while representing Imaginarium Arts.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 05:16 PM   #18
yeek
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post

Bottom line is what Danny did was stupid and self destructive. What RT did was worse because they admittedly made stuff up to undermine the company... Then started backtracking to cover their arse.
This.

Radd Titan made some statements as fact when they said IA were losing the Marvel and DC license, that Danny had filed for bankruptcy, and some other stuff. When I first read that post I was like, wow, that's crazy. Then a member of IA's team came on to dispel all those statements. I guess now Radd Titan is claiming it was a "prediction" post. No matter what, both parties acted irrationally but what RT did is unforgivable if those accusations aren't true. This is, after all, a real company with peoples salaries and livelihood at stake.
yeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 05:17 PM   #19
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

It's probably due to the fact also IA have sent Radd Titan a ton of stuff for free to review and not just small pieces either.

From that Facebook screen shot you got to wonder why the owner of a company would ever post that sort of thing in public.

Statue drama though, you gotta laugh at it.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 05:40 PM   #20
yeek
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
It's probably due to the fact also IA have sent Radd Titan a ton of stuff for free to review and not just small pieces either.

From that Facebook screen shot you got to wonder why the owner of a company would ever post that sort of thing in public.

Statue drama though, you gotta laugh at it.
Yeah I noticed that too. Getting free statues as a reviewer probably isn't a good look. I saw someone on FB ask RT about it and he said it's just basically to give critical feedback. Heck, I'd like to get a $1500 statue for free in exchange for some feedback.

Anyways, whatever. It's all a pissing contest anyway.
yeek is offline   Reply With Quote