Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 11-06-2018, 05:50 PM   #241
QUick16tt
Doh!

A Kotobukiya rep said this earlier today!

Thanks for all of your support for the X-Men '92 line! I know that my boss who only really goes to America for events was veeery surprised with the popularity of X-Men overseas (especially at New York Comic Con this past month)! In Japan, it isn't nearly as popular, so the number we sold was exponentially lower than those we sold overseas. So, don't be surprised if we keep adding more to our X-Men line in the future!
QUick16tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 01:55 PM   #242
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUick16tt View Post

Thanks for all of your support for the X-Men '92 line! I know that my boss who only really goes to America for events was veeery surprised with the popularity of X-Men overseas (especially at New York Comic Con this past month)! In Japan, it isn't nearly as popular, so the number we sold was exponentially lower than those we sold overseas. So, don't be surprised if we keep adding more to our X-Men line in the future!
That's great to hear. Not sure why the boss was surprised the X-Men were more popular in the country in which they originated than Japan. Shouldn't that have been a given?
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:50 PM   #243
kikoken
Shadowhawk

Woo that’s great to hear! As I ll prob only get this entire set if Psylocke is announced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUick16tt View Post

kikoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:16 AM   #244
Ginormousthumbs
Blue Falcon

Saw what has been released so far in person yesterday and while they gave me a cool nostalgic feeling, I don’t think they are worth the $85 per 2 pack. I feel like with the scale and simplicity should warrant around $50.
Ginormousthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:43 PM   #245
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
That's great to hear. Not sure why the boss was surprised the X-Men were more popular in the country in which they originated than Japan. Shouldn't that have been a given?
Most international audiences are jumping on the comics bandwagon after MCU's popularity.

I'm from India. recently bought novelty pens with Marvel characters on them as a gift for my kid cousins. They're in grade school.

A big fight ensued for who gets which character. Guess who got picked last: Spider-Man. These guys could name all 6 infinity stones, but not even 3 X-Men. It was then that I realized they never saw the animated shows of X-Men and Spidey that I grew up on.

With the exception of Wolverine, internationally, X-Men are dangerously close to being 2nd tier heroes. It doesn't help that the recent movies are basically prequels and the last big movie with a familiar roster was 15 years ago. I wish X3 hadn't killed the golden goose, forcing them to write stories about the goose's early days.

Many casual fans don't read comics. I already get weird looks from people when I tell them I like Fantastic Four. I don't want that to apply to X-Men too.

I'm hoping this changes when the MCU finally introduces the X-Men after this Disney-Fox thing is over and done with.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 04:27 AM   #246
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

A quick snap of Professor X & the group so far. Recommend assembling the clear base first then plug it to the bottom of the Hoverchair. Fit the blanket to Charles's legs, attach all that to the seat then snap fit the back section of the Hoverchair.
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 10:03 PM   #247
Alter Ego
Fantastic Four

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffon View Post

A quick snap of Professor X & the group so far. Recommend assembling the clear base first then plug it to the bottom of the Hoverchair. Fit the blanket to Charles's legs, attach all that to the seat then snap fit the back section of the Hoverchair.

Very nice!
Alter Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 11:30 PM   #248
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

wow I love professor X he looks so cool. excited for mine to arrive
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:30 AM   #249
joelyface
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffon View Post

looks awesome! Man that thing is huge, how did he ever get through doorways in the mansion :P
joelyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 12:40 PM   #250
moviemonster
Justice League

I think Apocalypse, Juggernaut, Magneto, Sabretooth and Mr Sinister would make a great display!
moviemonster is offline   Reply With Quote