Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 10-04-2018, 02:23 PM   #11
qz33
Rescue

These are the best look yet for Transformers statues.

I really do wish PCS would have edged it just a bit and taken them in the direction of IDW and Dreamwave's concept of bulking and boxing out some of their basic shapes.

Sculptors get so hung up on cramming in details in cracks and crevices they forget that the basic shapes much more strongly define a sculpture and determine it's aesthetic.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 04:05 PM   #12
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Look great but waiting on refunds still before buying anything new.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 01:34 AM   #13
craigcliff1
Zot

From Toyark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NYCC-2018-Pop-Culture-Shock-Statues-26.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	117904   Click image for larger version

Name:	NYCC-2018-Pop-Culture-Shock-Statues-24.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	117905   Click image for larger version

Name:	NYCC-2018-Pop-Culture-Shock-Statues-21.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	117906   Click image for larger version

Name:	NYCC-2018-Pop-Culture-Shock-Statues-19.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	117908   Click image for larger version

Name:	NYCC-2018-Pop-Culture-Shock-Statues-16.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	117910  

Click image for larger version

Name:	NYCC-2018-Pop-Culture-Shock-Statues-12.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	206.7 KB
ID:	117912  
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 04:46 AM   #14
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I do not want to be picky, but how is possible for a company that owns money to a lot of people continue to release new stuff and more, how is that possible that people are still commited to buy from them?
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:40 AM   #15
clutch
Sailor Moon

Think about the thousands of people that don't even know this site exists or that PCS owes people money.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 05:05 PM   #16
Balthazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Think about the thousands of people that don't even know this site exists or that PCS owes people money.
Makes sense, but I just tought that by now someone would have opened a legal cause and, in turn, justice would make them pay before open new ones.

Anyways, there are people in this very same website that are planing to do so. I do hope they receive their money and statue. I always admired PCS , it is a shame
Old 10-09-2018, 05:21 PM   #17
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

How can Sideshow sell the stuff on their behalf after the said they will take over and not give people refunds. But the smarter questions is, who the hell would buy anything from them until they cleared this up..
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 05:29 PM   #18
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
How can Sideshow sell the stuff on their behalf after the said they will take over and not give people refunds. But the smarter questions is, who the hell would buy anything from them until they cleared this up..

As someone who is owed a lot from PCS, its' a catch 22. On one hand I wouldn't buy anything from them knowing their problems, but I hope they do well under SS's distribution as it's the only chance we have getting a refund. At least if you go through SS when buying you'll get your money back if something happens...
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:19 PM   #19
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Imaginarium looks all sorts of wrong, and they add unnecessary details to their statues. I don't think these Chinese companies "get" G1 nostalgia, which is not surprising since they likely discovered TF during the Bay era. I guess they are closer to the IDW comics, but they don't pull my nostalgia strings at all.

Plus, these are not going to cost $1200.
The IA statues are great. Especially the earlier ones like Soundwave, Ultra Magnus, then they got scared by XM reveals and thought they needed to up the details to compete. Thankfully they are pulling it back a lot and some of the newer ones like Jazz, Arcee and Shockwave are really in that sweetspot where it's a blend of toy and cartoon.

By the way, Prime 1 is Japanese, they got Transformers from the start it's just that the owner of the company likes the movies for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
I do not want to be picky, but how is possible for a company that owns money to a lot of people continue to release new stuff and more, how is that possible that people are still commited to buy from them?
I'm sick of all this talk in EVERY thread. PCS was known for taking 2-3 years to release statues. These delays were/are to be expected especially since there's been a change in ownership and restructure.

Should the new owners have done some more due-diligence in identifying that Jerry was taking all the capital out of the business be for running? Sure. But also, consumers shouldn't have bought a whole bunch of stuff and overextended themselves if they didn't really want it.

PCS are releasing products. There isn't a hint of products not getting produced. If a customer really wanted something they should wait and they'll get it. I'm still waiting on She-Ra. I'm sure she'll come, just like everything else people are waiting on. I'll also buy the TF's, Turtles and possibly G.I.Joe's.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:32 PM   #20
Balthazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
The IA statues are great. Especially the earlier ones like Soundwave, Ultra Magnus, then they got scared by XM reveals and thought they needed to up the details to compete. Thankfully they are pulling it back a lot and some of the newer ones like Jazz, Arcee and Shockwave are really in that sweetspot where it's a blend of toy and cartoon.

By the way, Prime 1 is Japanese, they got Transformers from the start it's just that the owner of the company likes the movies for some reason.

Should the new owners have done some more due-diligence in identifying that Jerry was taking all the capital out of the business be for running? Sure. But also, consumers shouldn't have bought a whole bunch of stuff and overextended themselves if they didn't really want it.

PCS are releasing products. There isn't a hint of products not getting produced. If a customer really wanted something they should wait and they'll get it. I'm still waiting on She-Ra. I'm sure she'll come, just like everything else people are waiting on. I'll also buy the TF's, Turtles and possibly G.I.Joe's.

I agree with you for the most. My point was exacltly this : I understand the hopes of those that have bought from them and want to receive, but i do not understand why one would commit more money, even though SS has promissed to back them up, as in the reality basicaly nothing changed so far

I'm sick of all this talk in EVERY thread. PCS was known for taking 2-3 years to release statues. These delays were/are to be expected especially since there's been a change in ownership and restructure.