Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-15-2017, 01:25 PM   #811
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
Can anyone comment on the feedback from other sources like Facebook & Twitter etc. ? I don't go anywhere near that sort of stuff as I'm a "forum dude".
I'd post a screenshot from Facebook, but the language is certainly not forum-friendly.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 01:59 PM   #812
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I'd post a screenshot from Facebook, but the language is certainly not forum-friendly.
I believe you - "It's Sisko" (Rebecca) kindly posted some stuff on Sideshow Freaks - but edited out the nasties

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 02:54 PM   #813
Python
Omega Red

From what I saw on FB and Instagram etc, the feedback was exactly the same as here (with more colourful language). There's dozens of people screaming bloody murder and claiming they are cancelling or returning. Only one guy is keeping it and he's been telling everybody to stop whining before his even arrived so make of that what you will. I believe Kevdeo is keeping his though as he's already repainting it. That guy can make anything look good. Although looking good isn't the problem with this disaster of a collectible.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 03:13 PM   #814
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Yep. This statue is definitely not doing any better on Facebook.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:25 AM   #815
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Metal Spike View Post
The man doth truth speak. At least you can send yours back and hopefully claim the tax back separately.

RE: "the number 16 engraved on the front of the very front dreadlock in full view." - wait . . . wut????

Just so you know I wasn't making this up. I snapped a few pictures. I've had a few days to compose my thoughts better. I'll dig through the images I took earlier and post a few up in a bit with my thoughts on this as a whole. If I'd done it a before now, my entire post would have been negative and served little purpose, the sad thing is that there are some good things. I'll get into it all later. For now though, have a chuckle at this little gem, it would have made too much sense to use a pencil, or to fully engrave it in deep, large letters on the part that actually glues inside the head. Much better to stick it right on the front of the bust in plain site..

I'm assuming this may be fairly accurate to the total surviving ES number on this products run... It's so care free that it's almost funny.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:34 AM   #816
SONICobra
Batman

wtf...

the factory really did not give a single f_ck on this one
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:17 PM   #817
aa909
The Green Hornet

the story on this thing gets worse by the day. I'm going to venture to guess SS will probably not make the full run on these that they initially planned LOL!!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:31 PM   #818
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Just so you know I wasn't making this up. I snapped a few pictures. I've had a few days to compose my thoughts better. I'll dig through the images I took earlier and post a few up in a bit with my thoughts on this as a whole. If I'd done it a before now, my entire post would have been negative and served little purpose, the sad thing is that there are some good things. I'll get into it all later. For now though, have a chuckle at this little gem, it would have made too much sense to use a pencil, or to fully engrave it in deep, large letters on the part that actually glues inside the head. Much better to stick it right on the front of the bust in plain site..

I'm assuming this may be fairly accurate to the total surviving ES number on this products run... It's so care free that it's almost funny.
As posted on Freaks -

Now I know what you mean, I checked mine - I have a "16" too, along with a "31" on the dred next to it, and a "17" and "32" on dreds on the other side . . . and it goes on-and-on-and-on.

Basically, seems like they ALL have numbers, and it just depends on how they have been put in place as to whether you can see them or not.

When they said these were the first dreds sculpted with texture - that was NOT what I thought they had in mind

Once again . . .

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:44 PM   #819
Python
Omega Red

Oh no, I forgot to check the others, I'd better look...
Old 10-16-2017, 01:03 PM   #820
FROBAY
Phoenix

WOW. Recall Recall
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote