Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 03-09-2017, 02:18 PM   #1
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Odinson's Haircut

Here I thought Thor Odinson's haircut in Unworthy Thor was some creative decision by Aaron but, no, once again it's an example of how comic book stories are altered in the service of conforming to their movies' counterparts, like Captain America's uniform or Matt/Daredevil's looking more like Charlie Cox.

http://www.newsarama.com/33491-thor-...irst-look.html
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:40 PM   #2
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

...it's a haircut. Who cares? It looks good.

Once again I see this as just wanting to find something (regardless how minor) to complain about.
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:59 PM   #3
LegendaryOutlaw
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I agree but at least is not as 'shocking'-and drastic-as the black jackets and coats in the 2000's Comics X-Men.
LegendaryOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:03 PM   #4
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post

Once again I see this as just wanting to find something (regardless how minor) to complain about.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:30 AM   #5
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:

And, once again, I see this as an opportunity for you be critical of a forum member's sentiment and opinion.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:51 AM   #6
Philintheblank

Quote:

Obviously, it isn't about the haircut...it's about movies dictating the books. A lot of people take issue with this and for good reason, imo.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 01:16 AM   #7
PureInvasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
And, once again, I see this as an opportunity for you be critical of a forum member's sentiment and opinion.
I just don't get why the haircut bothers you. How do you know Aaron didn't do it with no knowledge of the film? Heck no pics had been revealed and Aaron's Unworthy Thor has had short hair for what, 3-4 months now??

I'm critical because I just don't understand why people are annoyed/angry/(insert whatever adjective here). So they changed Cap's costume, so DD looks like Cox (although shouldn't it be said that they chose Cox because he looked like Murdock in the first place??), so Thor has short hair...who cares? I'm not trolling you when I reply to your posts, I just legitimately don't get what you don't like about a badass looking haircut in the new film.
Old 03-10-2017, 01:19 AM   #8
PureInvasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Obviously, it isn't about the haircut...it's about movies dictating the books. A lot of people take issue with this and for good reason, imo.
You can't say that in this instance though as Unworthy was out months before we even saw this first shot of the new haircut

And again...haircut /shrug

All these people who find offense to the comics following the films lead (or vice versa) usually don't even read the books in the first place
Old 03-10-2017, 01:28 AM   #9
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
You can't say that in this instance though as Unworthy was out months before we even saw this first shot of the new haircut

And again...haircut /shrug

All these people who find offense to the comics following the films lead (or vice versa) usually don't even read the books in the first place
All these people? That's not the case with me. I've been reading the books for decades before you were born. I just am bothered by the films dictating direction in the comics.

And I highly doubt the timing on this is coincidental.

Please be done being critical of people with a different opinion than yours. It's not that hard to simply disagree. There's no need to find fault with people who have a different opinion when it comes to comic books. If your reaction to a different opinion is "shrug," then that's fine.

Last edited by wktf; 03-10-2017 at 01:30 AM.
Old 03-10-2017, 01:33 AM   #10
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
I just don't get why the haircut bothers you. How do you know Aaron didn't do it with no knowledge of the film? Heck no pics had been revealed and Aaron's Unworthy Thor has had short hair for what, 3-4 months now??

I'm critical because I just don't understand why people are annoyed/angry/(insert whatever adjective here). So they changed Cap's costume, so DD looks like Cox (although shouldn't it be said that they chose Cox because he looked like Murdock in the first place??), so Thor has short hair...who cares? I'm not trolling you when I reply to your posts, I just legitimately don't get what you don't like about a badass looking haircut in the new film.
So you don't understand. That's not a reason to be critical. I'm not critical of you because you feel differently. I don't like Cap's comic book costume change to fit the films aesthetically. I never did. It doesn't work for me. And as to the haircut in the film, I don't like the look for Thor. I hope to love the film, but I just don't like this look. Why do you care if I have an opinion different than yours?

Last edited by wktf; 03-10-2017 at 03:53 PM.