Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 03-10-2017, 02:37 AM   #11
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Here I thought Thor Odinson's haircut in Unworthy Thor was some creative decision by Aaron but, no, once again it's an example of how comic book stories are altered in the service of conforming to their movies' counterparts, like Captain America's uniform or Matt/Daredevil's looking more like Charlie Cox.

http://www.newsarama.com/33491-thor-...irst-look.html
It does seem too convenient to be a coincidence. It would not surprise me. Now that we have an Asian Hulk, an African American Cap, female Thor + Iron Man, a Muslim Ms Marvel, a Hispanic Spider-Man, and so on, very little Disney does surprises me these days. Don't get me started on movie changes.

As for the short hair, such a change in Thor's iconic look is unsettling at first glance. Hopefully, this is well explained somewhere in the film.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:34 AM   #12
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Why do you care if I have an opinion different than yours?
Because it's literally the same song and dance every single time. There's a small difference from 'classic' comic stories/look and you're always the first or second who makes a topic about how they hate such change. Truth is, you pretty much hate every change. When was the last time you liked a change and made a topic about it?

This isn't just in relation to film/comic it's also comic changes that go against 'classic' interpretations of a given character.

Instead of being down on me for literally being the opposite of the majority you have a problem with, why not take a step back and figure out why you're just so negative about every change ever? Things aren't going to stay 'classic' all the time. Every major form of media has adapted, yet the 'old guard' of comic fans somehow think that the comic industry should forever be immune to change. Newsflash, if things never changed the industry would be a pretty boring place.
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:02 AM   #13
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
Because it's literally the same song and dance every single time. There's a small difference from 'classic' comic stories/look and you're always the first or second who makes a topic about how they hate such change. Truth is, you pretty much hate every change. When was the last time you liked a change and made a topic about it?

This isn't just in relation to film/comic it's also comic changes that go against 'classic' interpretations of a given character.

Instead of being down on me for literally being the opposite of the majority you have a problem with, why not take a step back and figure out why you're just so negative about every change ever? Things aren't going to stay 'classic' all the time. Every major form of media has adapted, yet the 'old guard' of comic fans somehow think that the comic industry should forever be immune to change. Newsflash, if things never changed the industry would be a pretty boring place.
This is getting redundant. I don't have an issue with change that goes against a classic character. As I've said before, I love female Thor, and that Odinson's Unworthy. Going back a ways, I loved the story when Odin died. I loved when Eric Masterson became Thor. I loved when Rhodes became Iron Man. I loved when Cap renounced being Cap. Again more recently, I loved when Doc Ock became Spider-Man. I post about things I like and I post about things I don't like. Newsflash, there is change I like and change I don't like. You seem to be ready to jump on me when I post about things I don't like and silent when I post about changes I like, yet you say you don't troll me. This post originally was more of an eye roll that it seemed to be driven by the movie than anything else creatively, but you've turned it into some kind of federal offense.

Last edited by wktf; 03-10-2017 at 09:59 AM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:20 AM   #14
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
This is getting redundant. I don't have an issue with change that goes against a classic character. As I've said before, I love female Thor. Going back a ways, I loved the story when Odin died. I loved when Eric Masterson became Thor. I loved when Rhodes became Iron Man. I loved when Cap renounced being Cap. Again more recently, I loved whe Doc Ock became Spider-Man. I post about things I like and I post about things I don't like. Newsflash, there is change I like and change I don't like. You seem to be ready to jump on me when I post about things I don't like and silent when I post about changes I like, yet you say you don't tell me. This post originally was more of an eye roll that it seemed to be driven by the movie than anything else but you've turned it into some kind of federal offense.

For some reason, most of the changes in the 80s worked. It seemed far less contrived and PC than what we see today, in my opinion anyway. For example, Peter David's grey Hulk run was fabulous, DeFalco's symbiote run on Spiderman was lots of fun, She-Hulk joining the FF worked surprisingly well too, and even Magneto leading the X-Men for a while was interesting exercise... And, I'm not even pointing out Simonson's Thor and Miller's DD to make a point about the 80s.

Actually, the only downside from that era was with Englehart's run on FF (i.e., mutated Thing and the abysmal Ms Marvel-Thing).
Old 03-10-2017, 09:31 AM   #15
risingstar
Jedi Order

While on the subject from the 80's, one of the best single issues of the era (for me) was Hulk 350. In this issue, we have a less powerful but more calculated grey Hulk facing off against a stronger, mutated Thing, however, the Thing loses the battle anyway. This issue was much more about the well-defined psychology of the two characters then it was about penning another meaningless battle between the two. Great issue.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:38 AM   #16
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
I'm not trolling you when I reply to your posts,
Yet that is EXACTLY what your posts in this thread appear to be. This thread looks like it was started to be a discussion about parallels between movie and comics but you seem hellbent on bashing the OPs opinion. I'd like to see the conversation play out rather than where you seem to want to push it.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:39 AM   #17
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

It's nice to see that no matter how long you're away some things never change...
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:46 AM   #18
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
It's nice to see that no matter how long you're away some things never change...

Hey, man! How the hell are you?
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:55 AM   #19
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
Richie!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:58 AM   #20
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:

Hey, man! How the hell are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
Richie!
I'm good guys, thought it was time to get back on the forums a bit.

How are you both?
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote