Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 04-30-2011, 09:10 PM   #51
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
What's that one look like? Does this mean you DO have the limited collectible?

I had no idea it was a limited collectible until Dana mentioned it. I believe he's talking about the HC on the bottom right of the pic below. I took this pic after going on a lomg overdue purchasing binge a couple of weeks ago... lol. I'm reading the Cap omni now. It is amaaaaaazing.

risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:11 PM   #52
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana P. View Post
A quick FYI re: the Simonson Thor Omnibus: the direct market edition (BRB on the cover) is only receiving the one printing. The one with Thor & Balder is on its 3rd printing.
Yup, you're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
There was a time when Marvel Masterworks Vol 21 was selling for over $300. I remember hearing the same statement from the Marvel brass, i.e., "We won't be going back to print". Needless to say, they eventually did, and likely will again. Call me a sceptic. History suggests that this Gabriel fellow is basically blowing smoke.

It'll go back to print. I have no doubt. Marvel is nothing if not opportunistic. If they suddenly see an opportunity to sell a whole bunch of $100 books, they will.

Honestly, does it make any sense at all to never again reprint issues 31-60 of Fantastic Four?? I mean, those issues introduce the Surfer, Galactus, the Inhumans, Black Panther, and numerous other Marvel icons.

DC has it right. Reprints should remain open editions.
It's retarded to limit these things.
About the FF2, one could argue there's still the Masterworks if you absolutely must have that stuff on hardcover, but, yes, I really hope you're right and eventually we'll see new printings of OOP volumes. Even for that New X-Men you say you abhor - and which cost me an arm and a leg, btw. It'd make for a much more relaxed collecting experience. I'm stressed enough about getting new statues for fear of missing them.

Edit: bear in mind they have these big sewn books made in China, so it may be not be worth their while to get some books back into print.

(But, the Simonson Thor Omnibus seems to have been made in the US for a change, so who knows.)
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:14 PM   #53
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
A quick FYI re: the Simonson Thor Omnibus: the direct market edition (BRB on the cover) is only receiving the one printing. The one with Thor & Balder is on its 3rd printing.
Cool! That's the one I got!

Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:15 PM   #54
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
BRB is on the cover.

Thanks

I love the MM line - and some of those (gold frame covers) are more on the pricey side now where most of the Omnibus I see are not selling for retail.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:15 PM   #55
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post

Cool statue!
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:20 PM   #56
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Cool statue!
Thanks mate
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:23 PM   #57
ratchet
Mandarin

So - which Omnibus are really worth it? Keep in mind - value wise - if it's cheaper to buy the single issues that have most likely landed in $1 bins now, like a lot of the modern comics do now - then the Omnibus isn't really worth it...

That being said, I really want the Devil Dinosaur and the Secret Wars Omnibus - both of which you can find most of the issues for real cheap
Old 04-30-2011, 09:53 PM   #58
Dana P.
TRICKSTER
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post

Nice!!

Quote:
Thanks

I love the MM line - and some of those (gold frame covers) are more on the pricey side now where most of the Omnibus I see are not selling for retail.
Couldn't resist, ratchet!

Both the Marvel Masterworks and the Omnibuses are great lines. You can't go wrong with either.
"I thought, 'What is this half horse-looking character?' By the end I said 'I get this and I like it.' My first instinct was that I was a bit unsure. He's the only one who can pick up the hammer. He's a worthy from another planet. But he looks like a horse."
Dana P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:58 PM   #59
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Both the Marvel Masterworks and the Omnibuses are great lines. You can't go wrong with either.
The ONLY downfall to the Omnibus is the fact that they are so heavy and big - sometimes they are hard to read.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:04 PM   #60
Dana P.
TRICKSTER
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
The ONLY downfall to the Omnibus is the fact that they are so heavy and big - sometimes they are hard to read.
No doubt. With the Simonson one, you can combine reading and bench pressing at the same time!
"I thought, 'What is this half horse-looking character?' By the end I said 'I get this and I like it.' My first instinct was that I was a bit unsure. He's the only one who can pick up the hammer. He's a worthy from another planet. But he looks like a horse."
Dana P. is offline   Reply With Quote