Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

Old 05-12-2015, 08:41 PM   #11
IXEC
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYMN View Post
I think Tsume must focus their own products first.
For just $1, you can show your support....where's the love...
IXEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:55 PM   #12
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXEC View Post
Cedric is asking for just $1....to show your support....is that to much...
I like Tsume as a company. When they make a product for a license I am interested in they will most certainly get my money. I am just not in the habit of making donations to commercial business'. I donate to things like disease research, relief efforts or to fight hunger.... not to fund someones pet project. Obviously $1 isn't a lot to ask for, but for me it's the principle.

If you can't already tell, I'm not particularly a fan of Kickstarter.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 11:00 PM   #13
JorgeLoyo
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I'll pledge a little, you guys certainly gave me a lot of joy the day I unpacked my zoro
JorgeLoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:07 AM   #14
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I like Tsume as a company. When they make a product for a license I am interested in they will most certainly get my money. I am just not in the habit of making donations to commercial business'. I donate to things like disease research, relief efforts or to fight hunger.... not to fund someones pet project. Obviously $1 isn't a lot to ask for, but for me it's the principle.

to be honest with you disease research, relief efforts or to fight hunger might as well burn your money it never goes where its needed. not to say that kickstarter is worth giving money to.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:50 AM   #15
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
to be honest with you disease research, relief efforts or to fight hunger might as well burn your money it never goes where its needed. not to say that kickstarter is worth giving money to.
My point was simply that if I am going to donate it's going to be for a cause I feel NEEDS help.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 02:08 AM   #16
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post

I think you make an excellent point.

In my opinion, where a business is concerned, there's no talk about "donations". Either you make a product and it sells, or you don't! The lesson for the company in this situation, is not to grovel for chump change, but go back to their market research and try harder.

This whole thing makes me laugh. We collectors are actively encouraged to be fans of these companies, but when as fans, we draw upon the rights (as fans) to criticise, UBER fans or even company reps remind us that " it's a business, and you customers don't, and never will, understand how / why we do the things we do"......case in point SIDESHOW.

What I would rather see from this company, is an open debate and lessons learnt on why the project isn't meeting their intended target. I actually believe that if they succeed through donations and well wishes, as a company they will be failing their "fans" or core customers in the long run. Delusion is never a good basis for a company strategy.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 02:23 AM   #17
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:47 AM   #18
HYMN
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXEC View Post
For just $1, you can show your support....where's the love...
Supporting is another thing. I want to say that Tsume must give priority to their production processes. There's to many delays for Tsume.
HYMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:47 AM   #19
Liad
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

When I see this, it seems very clear to me that they opened the kickstarter for the wrong reasons.

People should want to fund a kickstarter because they feel strongly for the project, not because the guys behind it are begging for money and making these long, sad speeches.
Liad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:11 AM   #20
DrBoris
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

There is a busy street corner they could stand on. I'll buy them the cardboard for the sign.
DrBoris is offline   Reply With Quote