Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 01-09-2016, 02:13 PM   #31
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

We are going to be looking into an European partner to distribute overseas.
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 02:31 PM   #32
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
So orders will go through your website but be distributed by whoever you pick in the EU is that correct? if so that would be awesome!
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 02:49 PM   #33
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Something like that, we're working on it.
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 05:21 PM   #34
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Nice! Sideshow used to do a similar thing until they turned into the money grabbing corporate machine they are today
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 06:46 PM   #35
daz1999
Mephisto

Quote:
This makes me happy

Would be awesome if this happens...fingers crossed!
daz1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 08:09 PM   #36
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkknight77 View Post
Jesus Snake, let it go.
Somebody wake up on the wrong side of the "Large loft" today?
Quote:
There isn't a company yet that has forecasted any statue release correctly to make all of the "little snakes" happy.....
No offense, but...
You come off as a real jerk here...
Sure, no company can predict the future and find the perfect edition size to maximize profit and make all of their potential customers happy...

That doesn't mean Chronicle shouldn't strive to better plan out their edition sizes. Try different approaches to the process. They already break the mold set by so many other companies, innovation is the key.

Perhaps come up with a pre-sell process that helps dictate the edition size based on initial demand.

Now I'm not saying make it an open ended edition, say for example they announce a 'max edition' size of 200 for an item. With the disclaimer that after a certain cut-off period the pre-sales will be closed and if they don't sell all 200, the edition gets locked in and announced at a lower size.

The customers who wanted one get a better chance of being included, and Chronicle doesn't take the risk of having a large amount of items unsold.

Sure there's flaws in the idea, I'm just spitballing here...
Point is, they can look into ways to improve the way this is handled in the future. That can only help to insure they stay successful.

We want the same thing here pal, we want Chroncile to be a massive success.
Just seems that your suggestions is essentially to say 'too bad, suck it up, that's how it is...'

I would rather they try to innovate. Maximize profit AND customer satisfaction. Why not?

Quote:
If you truly want a Horus, you will be able to get one down the road.......Sure you will probably have to pay more, but so what?? Welcome to the world of limited editions.
First...
I'm not new to the "world of limited editions", I've been collecting since the Icons days. Was a loyal supporter of Master Replicas too. I've seen great (and lousy) companies come and go.

I know all about scalpers cashing in on limited editions. That hurts the companies and the collector.

You say "so what" about me paying more for one later on? Well, if you are really so concerned with Chronicle's success... I shouldn't have to explain why this is bad.

But here it goes...
If they would have taken their time and better gauged the demand for Horus, not rushed to lock it in so low. They would have made more money. More business, you know... Success?

Instead collectors that missed out will have to hope the wait list converts, if not the scalpers make the profit. Chroncile doesn't.

I'm getting a Horus at some point, some how.. I only hope someone cancels their order so my money will go to Chroncile and not some scalper on eBay.

Hell, there are already Anubis listings on eBay asking over $2,400... I hate to imagine what they will try to get away with on Horus.

So yes, paying more for it later is bad for everyone... Including all the "little Dark Knights" out there.
CallMe_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 09:42 PM   #37
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Seems like the only people complaining about edition sizes and scalpers are always the ones who miss out. Everyone else is happy. The only SOLD one on ebay is cheaper than it was from Chronicle.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 07:36 AM   #38
Python
Omega Red

Quote:

I hope you can make this happen, it would certainly be appreciated. If it doesn't, and you do opt for direct sales only, it will effectively kill off most of the international sales as it is simply too much for us these days given the ridiculous shipping costs and duties. Sideshow subsidies the shipping costs which takes the sting off, but it sure was better back when they had their UK based warehouse. So if you can do it, everybody wins, best of luck..
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 09:51 AM   #39
WingdSoldier
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
That would be absolutely fantastic! Finally a company that looks out for its foreign customers
WingdSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 10:10 AM   #40
thedarkknight77
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMe_Snake View Post
Somebody wake up on the wrong side of the "Large loft" today?

No offense, but...
You come off as a real jerk here...
Sure, no company can predict the future and find the perfect edition size to maximize profit and make all of their potential customers happy...

That doesn't mean Chronicle shouldn't strive to better plan out their edition sizes. Try different approaches to the process. They already break the mold set by so many other companies, innovation is the key.

Perhaps come up with a pre-sell process that helps dictate the edition size based on initial demand.

Now I'm not saying make it an open ended edition, say for example they announce a 'max edition' size of 200 for an item. With the disclaimer that after a certain cut-off period the pre-sales will be closed and if they don't sell all 200, the edition gets locked in and announced at a lower size.

The customers who wanted one get a better chance of being included, and Chronicle doesn't take the risk of having a large amount of items unsold.

Sure there's flaws in the idea, I'm just spitballing here...
Point is, they can look into ways to improve the way this is handled in the future. That can only help to insure they stay successful.

We want the same thing here pal, we want Chroncile to be a massive success.
Just seems that your suggestions is essentially to say 'too bad, suck it up, that's how it is...'

I would rather they try to innovate. Maximize profit AND customer satisfaction. Why not?

First...
I'm not new to the "world of limited editions", I've been collecting since the Icons days. Was a loyal supporter of Master Replicas too. I've seen great (and lousy) companies come and go.

I know all about scalpers cashing in on limited editions. That hurts the companies and the collector.

You say "so what" about me paying more for one later on? Well, if you are really so concerned with Chronicle's success... I shouldn't have to explain why this is bad.

But here it goes...
If they would have taken their time and better gauged the demand for Horus, not rushed to lock it in so low. They would have made more money. More business, you know... Success?

Instead collectors that missed out will have to hope the wait list converts, if not the scalpers make the profit. Chroncile doesn't.

I'm getting a Horus at some point, some how.. I only hope someone cancels their order so my money will go to Chroncile and not some scalper on eBay.

Hell, there are already Anubis listings on eBay asking over $2,400... I hate to imagine what they will try to get away with on Horus.

So yes, paying more for it later is bad for everyone... Including all the "little Dark Knights" out there.
Sorry if you took my post strongly, did not intend for it to be so sarcastic, but I certainly see how it could have been taken that way, it was not well written.......So apologies. Anyway, back to the real topic, the reason Horus sold out is because of its limited quantities, otherwise people would have waited. I know you have been collecting a while, which is why I was poking at you.......If anyone understands, it should be you. As soon as Paul said "50", he needed to stick with it or else he is no better than the various other companies. His strategy seems to have worked as it forced people to buy Horus as well as Anubis. Now the real question is, will the buyers that could not get in on Horus likely to buy Ra???? You seems to think "No", but my comment about space is real and I believe many collectors can only buy one of these. I believe collectors will buy Ra just because they were not able to buy Anibus or Horus.
thedarkknight77 is offline   Reply With Quote