Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-07-2017, 08:38 AM   #221
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level52 View Post
There will! Gabriel is building up the trees first so the cats can be sculpted to fit their shape. There's one up top and to the left, and one down around her feet with some bones.

She wouldn't be Cat Girl without cats, now would she?

-Hanna
Woooo!!!
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 11:30 AM   #222
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

This is going to be expensive. That base looks incredible. And with two large scale cats still in the works.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 04:14 PM   #223
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
This is going to be expensive. That base looks incredible. And with two large scale cats still in the works.
I think it will be expensive as well. The question is, will it be too expensive? Odin is going for around $700. This has to sell for more than that with the bigger base, additional cats and the Frazetta liscense. So are we talking $1k? That's around what the Barbarian sold for from that other conpany and it did pretty good. If the Odin is any indication, and what we have seen so far, the paint app should be superior to the Barbarian. Also in the favor of Level52 is that they are not really competing with any other statue. True they are releasing the grim reaper, but that's a different scale and it's on the other side of the Frazetta coin for subject matter so to speak.

Level52, here's a request... if it's over $800 and you call for a $200 deposit like Odin, can you extend an 8 or 9 month payment plan so that the monthly payment is in the $100-120 range? I'm not sure how much time the factory production will take and I'm sure you don't want to sit on boxes of statues awaiting months of payments, so maybe you would consider an early pre-order? This way people like myself could get an early month or two of payments in.

An old Ford bronco restoration and a new house are really putting a crimp in my statue budget right now!!!
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 05:01 PM   #224
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Man I hope it isn't $1K, I doubt they could sell 10-20 of these at that price. Don't get me wrong, as everybody knows I am as big a Frazetta fan as anybody but I don't think this would sell at that price. ARH Barbarian was actually only $799 and that included 2 full sized 1/4 scale people and a fairly detailed base and was certainly one of Frazetta's more iconic pieces and it only sold I think 80 total. This one will have a better paint job for sure and will have the advantage of not been done before at a smaller scale but I don't think that can overcome a prize tag that big.

Odin is a REALLY big 1/4 scale, actually closer to a 1/3 scale and has a fairly simple base (as this one does overall, even though a little larger base than most) but has quite a few change out heads that would offset the cats IMO. Cat Girl in this is only 16" tall which is right as a woman would be smaller than a man but 1/4 scale 6' men are 18". Here is what Chris had to say about it earlier in the thread. I hope this is still the thinking but it is always up to the producer to come up with a price that they think they can make a profit at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level52 View Post
As for cost, nothing is official yet, but we want to price accordingly, but not outrageous. Catgirl will be huge, so her cost will be a little higher, but likely not over $650-$750, And these will be pretty limited, in the 200 to 300 es range. All quality control will be handled at our logistics center in person by us, so when shipments come in we will dedicate the time needed to qc all statues by hand, and promptly send them out.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 05:40 PM   #225
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Man I hope it isn't $1K, I doubt they could sell 10-20 of these at that price. Don't get me wrong, as everybody knows I am as big a Frazetta fan as anybody but I don't think this would sell at that price. ARH Barbarian was actually only $799 and that included 2 full sized 1/4 scale people and a fairly detailed base and was certainly one of Frazetta's more iconic pieces and it only sold I think 80 total. This one will have a better paint job for sure and will have the advantage of not been done before at a smaller scale but I don't think that can overcome a prize tag that big.

Odin is a REALLY big 1/4 scale, actually closer to a 1/3 scale and has a fairly simple base (as this one does overall, even though a little larger base than most) but has quite a few change out heads that would offset the cats IMO. Cat Girl in this is only 16" tall which is right as a woman would be smaller than a man but 1/4 scale 6' men are 18". Here is what Chris had to say about it earlier in the thread. I hope this is still the thinking but it is always up to the producer to come up with a price that they think they can make a profit at.
Yeah, you make good points about Odin being so huge and the head swaps. I couldn't remember what Chris said about the estimated price point that you posted. I hope they are able to keep to it.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:48 PM   #226
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Also I don't mean to compare ARH to Level52, it is only that ARH is the only other company to do 1/4 scale Frazetta to date. DD on a horse was $800 and Huntress with Cats ws $750 and I think they are both at least as big and complicated as this one. The DD on a horse base is just kind of a rock with some skulls but it is over 31" long and the horse and rider both have quite bit of armour, weapons, a shield, and detail.

But then factory prices could well have gone up substantially since then too. Still if you think of her as a single 1/4 scale figure with the cats as the only real super detailed portion of a good sized base it might come out ok.

I am hoping in the $700 -$750 range and whatever they end up pricing her I'm hoping she sells enough to make them want to put out Fighting Man of Mars. Of course I will be one of those that buys her almost whatever the price is.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 06:06 PM   #227
SAB380
The X-Men

She's definitely going to be interesting sales wise.
It's going to be huge and a stunning imposing piece, but it's going to be a real high price point!
And fully nude statues are a very specific niche but this is the only piece I've ever seen that I think comfortably sits in art rather than T&A.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:33 PM   #228
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I planned on purchasing this at the original price point estimated. Anything beyond that, and I think they will kill this line before it really starts. Everyone needs to remember that this is a new company, and we haven't seen any production pieces yet. I have high hopes, but there are a lot of unknowns, and these statues aren't cheap.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:38 PM   #229
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I planned on purchasing this at the original price point estimated. Anything beyond that, and I think they will kill this line before it really starts. Everyone needs to remember that this is a new company, and we haven't seen any production pieces yet. I have high hopes, but there are a lot of unknowns, and these statues aren't cheap.
Very true. I'm glad that Odin will be released first. If Odin looks good, so will this.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:19 PM   #230
Kurtz
Fantastic Four

If paint app holds up and pricing isn't crazy I think this'll do well. Hopefully long enough for something Tarzan related.

I thought the ARH stuff looked good but I was never blown away by it. Maybe this'll be different.
Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote