Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 12-18-2011, 12:29 PM   #21
johnclone
The Enchantress

I think the current issue here is how to state that you disagree with someone without sounding like you are accusing them in some way or suggesting that they are not "normal". I found it very interesting how you suggested something wasn't normal about armitage's showing affection, simply because he thinks it is a weird practice to kiss his children on the lips, no other reason. Let's say that I also find it a strange practice, so then Ratchet, you'd suggest I also may have affection issues. But of course, it's very possible that it really is a strange practice.

As far as whether or not it really is normal or not, this is where group polling might be used to determine what is considered the "norm" by the majority of people. Regardless, by stating that I think the practice of kissing one's children on the lips is weird whether they are young or old, like armitage thinks, we are simply stating our own opinions, not trying to insult or offend anyone.

In a forum such as this, we should expect that not everyone will agree with us but I don't think we should immediately assume that if someone disagrees with what we consider normal that means they are probably abnormal or have "issues" - I think that is what armitage took issue with about your response Ratchet. I'm not saying I think you have some sort of "affection issues" or "boundary issues" or anything. Just saying what my opinion is about the act of kissing one's children on the lips.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #22
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I would have preferred that the parents beat their kids with baseball bats instead.

See everyone happy
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:07 PM   #23
Darth Pain

Weird...
That's what you get in Minnesota. lol
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:52 PM   #24
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

I don't kiss any of my family on the lips (except the wifey) . . . not that I think it's weird, we just don't really do it . . . but that footage goes beyond weird. Either those parents thought they were being very funny and cool . . . or there is something seriously wrong going on this families
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:25 PM   #25
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

just weird... no way would this kinda thing go on when I was in school.... schools are trying too be too hip and PC etc.. go back to beating kids in school...
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:11 AM   #26
lord odin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batfan View Post
just weird... no way would this kinda thing go on when I was in school.... schools are trying too be too hip and PC etc..
Quote:
go back to beating kids in school.
Now you're talking.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote