Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 01-26-2018, 04:34 PM   #61
travis
A.I.M.

and those in direct sunlight...lighting will make a difference...this has been painted with layers(I like that)...a dark grey/charcoal first then some silver sheen with lighter grays in blotches...In a dark corner you would maybe not even see em....it does have reflective qualities in this paint app...but it looks more to me in the gray/silvery charcoal hues than purple...again clear satin or gloss paint and silvery metallic reveal reflections can cause colors to come out at different angles under certain lighting...my concern when asked about hues and such is that the actual color purple for ex was used...I don't see it here...a nice mixture of colors were used...great paint apps for factory here...the worst purple I remember was the DM Baradur
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 04:51 PM   #62
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
and those in direct sunlight...lighting will make a difference...this has been painted with layers(I like that)...a dark grey/charcoal first that some silver sheen with lighter grays in blotches...In a dark corner you would maybe not even see em....it does have reflective qualities in this paint app...but it looks more to me in the gray/silvery charcoal hues than purple...again clear satin or gloss paint and silvery metallic reveal reflections can cause colors to come out at different angles under certain lighting...my concern when asked about hues and such is that the actual color purple for ex was used...I don't see it here...a nice mixture of colors were used...great paint apps for factory here...the worst purple I remember was the DM Baradur
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 06:21 PM   #63
travis
A.I.M.

DSC01330 by bainiceheart, on FlickrDSC01331 by bainiceheart, on Flickr
Old 01-26-2018, 06:25 PM   #64
travis
A.I.M.

I just for the first time put this on a shelf that will display this(pardon the mess but I've got rearranging to do)...The purplish hue is apparent.... those LED track bulbs are 11 years old...now I'm wondering if traces of a purple metallic was put into there clear satin...I cant tell...tricky piece....but then again even the base on that photo has purply hue...lighting will be the display key for this piece..
Old 01-26-2018, 07:24 PM   #65
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
I just for the first time put this on a shelf that will display this(pardon the mess but I've got rearranging to do)...The purplish hue is apparent.... those LED track bulbs are 11 years old...now I'm wondering if traces of a purple metallic was put into there clear satin...I cant tell...tricky piece....but then again even the base on that photo has purply hue...lighting will be the display key for this piece..
The sculpt looks fantastic, though I think it may be best to display it as far as possible from LED lighting, because in that one photo it really looks purple. With Haldir just up for pre-order, and Eomer (and who knows what else) on the way, I'm pretty confident it'll still be around come Black Friday.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:55 PM   #66
travis
A.I.M.

Lucky bastards those that got this one too for $500
Old 03-17-2018, 08:23 PM   #67
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Lucky bastards those that got this one too for $500
I said from the beginning the retail on this was crazy. $500 should have been no more than it cost in the first place. I expect to see it on sale again before it sells out though, but I went ahead and got mine just in case.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:28 PM   #68
travis
A.I.M.

That is nonetheless a great price ya got....
Old 03-18-2018, 10:33 PM   #69
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
That is nonetheless a great price ya got....
It is definitely better than $699, that's for sure. I remember thinking that was crazy when they first listed it.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:01 AM   #70
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
It is definitely better than $699, that's for sure. I remember thinking that was crazy when they first listed it.
Same here. I loved everything about it except the price tag. I would never pay $700 for this bust.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote