Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > The Shifletts

Old 11-19-2010, 03:40 PM   #1
brandonshiflett
Sculptor
Sculptor

New Signed eBay Stuff!

We have some new signed stuff up on eBay. All our auctions start at $0! Thanks for looking peeps!

http://stores.ebay.com/shiflettbrothers

B
brandonshiflett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:41 PM   #2
vashdaman
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Unbelieveable, your actually flogging stuff on ebay that you've just signed yourself....isn't that a bit err you know, low.
vashdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #3
lukvader
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashdaman View Post
Unbelieveable, your actually flogging stuff on ebay that you've just signed yourself....isn't that a bit err you know, low.
I think thats quite ok. ebay has much more people who want to have these kits , than only placing it here in our forum.
And signing it is a plus , not a malus. So why not?
Artists or sculptors not signing their own "to-sell-itmes" ?
I would say "low" if they WOULD NOT sign it...
Its the right way u do in my eyes!
lukvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:27 PM   #4
vashdaman

Well I guess, but if I were the creator I certainly wouldn't stick my autograph on it just to hike up the price, it loses it's meaning like that. If I Were a ceator and I had some extra pieces to sell, I would sign it but not put it in the description ar least. So it's like a surprise.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:34 PM   #5
bruhaha69
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I don't see the problem with them doing it. Not sure what's "low" about it. I don't think I read the part where they said "hey guys, we signed these to hike up the price. Don't let us down". Your just making assumptions. Why would they start the bidding at $0 if they were so concerned about making a lot more per piece? I would expect them to set a high starting bid if price hiking was their game.
bruhaha69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:50 PM   #6
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashdaman View Post
What are you talking about? I don't even know what you mean by flogging stuff ...

There is nothing wrong with these auctions. Many collectors will be thrilled to get these kits signed by the bros. They start the auction at $1 so the value of the piece will be set by the buyers not the sellers.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:51 PM   #7
vashdaman

ah fair enough I guess, I just had the image of someone selling there own autograph on ebay and thought it was a bit stupid. But I guess horses for courses and all that. Your probably right.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:55 PM   #8
vashdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
What are you talking about? I don't even know what you mean by flogging stuff ...

There is nothing wrong with these auctions. Many collectors will be thrilled to get these kits signed by the bros. They start the auction at $1 so the value of the piece will be set by the buyers not the sellers.
Flogging= selling. Yeah I know the buyers set the price and all that, but if paul mccartney
went and signed some bettles merchandise, set up an ebay account and started selling it with a starting bid of £0.00, he still knows very well he will get more for it because it he signed it.

I don't think someone should add their own atuograph to something just to get more profit from that item, unless those profits are going to charity.

but its all good.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:56 PM   #9
shiflettbrothers
Sculptor
Sculptor

and Jet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFjTN11CnNY

Jarrod
shiflettbrothers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:29 PM   #10
brandonshiflett
Sculptor
Sculptor

Vashdaman

Let me make one thing abundantly clear: Jarrod and I have NEVER charged for autographs. We've signed hundreds and hundreds of pieces for people at conventions and stores.

Its also well known that if you pay shipping both ways, we will sign your base, no charge. Dozens of people have taken us up on this.

In fact, when you order something from our site, we will sign it upon request for free, because "The Shiflett Brothers" is really just me and Jarrod, packing pieces up ourselves. We're a Mom and Pop outfit.

Starting the auctions at $0 speaks for itself. Its a chance for some people to get our pieces, maybe cheaply. If you want something unsigned...just let us know!

Brandon
www.shiflettbrothers.com
brandonshiflett is offline   Reply With Quote