Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 09-20-2020, 12:36 AM   #21
nameivom
The Herculoids

Iron Studios US will be shipping Black Widow sometime next week. My final payment was paid on September 3 and they stated about 3 weeks before shipment.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 12:54 AM   #22
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Got BW today. Not super crazy about the final factory portrait. Not sure when I will take photos. I got a bolt in one of my car tires today so I’ll be spending the morning taking care of that.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 09:35 PM   #23
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

I got my Black Widow yesterday. Happy with the statue. It looks like Scarlett to me.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 08:16 AM   #24
Dark Knight.
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Got BW today. Not super crazy about the final factory portrait. Not sure when I will take photos. I got a bolt in one of my car tires today so I’ll be spending the morning taking care of that.
Totally agree. The likeness is different than the prototype. Disappointed by that. The Infinity War portrait was way better.
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 02:53 PM   #25
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight. View Post
Totally agree. The likeness is different than the prototype. Disappointed by that. The Infinity War portrait was way better.
Unfortunately I also agree.

Though after I unboxed it, I was not as disappointed as I thought I would be after I saw other collectors photos and videos on the piece.

In hand, other than the face sculpt I really like everything about it. From the base, to the pose and to the body sculpt and paint..... and the face sculpt isn’t that bad.

Heck while the 1/6 scale Hot Toys has a far superior face sculpt, the outfit for some reason looks better on this 1/10 scale piece. Maybe it’s because they’ve done all this silver dry brushing which seems to highlight the design on the outfit better IMO.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 03:25 AM   #26
Dr.Jackal
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

While the Black Widow final product face sculpt is still not as great as the prototype, it's still a fairly decent sculpt. I feel the lips are where it's a miss as they put no real effort there & eyes are slightly off. But overall, the piece is really solid & awesome. Love the base. Though, if they did the sculpt as per the prototype, it would have been an amazing piece.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201014_155540__01__01__01.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	312.9 KB
ID:	134239   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201014_160241__01.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	326.7 KB
ID:	134240  
Dr.Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 04:01 AM   #27
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I got Red Skull today. Just like the recent Dark Knight Batman, the weathering (in this case snow) is a bit heavy-handed. I will take some photos with Black Widow when I get a chance.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 10:50 PM   #28
pdenham
Teen Titans

Timewalker has a sale right now on some figs and statues.

I ended up ordering both pieces. The total, after shipping, came out $58 less than what I would have paid going through SSC

The likeness to Scarlet may not be stellar, but I've always liked the way the two pieces work in concert. I'm hoping the whole adds up to more than just the sum of their less-than-perfect parts.
If mine is in line with Dr. J's piece above, I'll be satisfied.

If anything, getting these for just about the price of the new 1/10 Scarlet Witch (much less compared to that piece's ultimate cost with shipping and tax), makes me even more hesitant now to order that one. As much as i do like the looks of it and have wanted a comic SW, almost $275 shipped for a single 1/10 statue is...nauseating to me.
The price tags on these things have gotten ridiculous, and each year it only gets more so.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 11:35 AM   #29
pdenham
Teen Titans

Both statues arrived today and I'm having bad flashbacks to Hawkman with this Red Skull.

The key and post don't seem to be lining up to the holes. Each attempt I make to seat it chips paint and resin away on the base.

I had to put it away for now because I feel like I'm going to ruin it if I keep trying anymore. Maybe fresher eyes, and more patience, later will help.

Putting it back I also noticed that a small end to one of the frays on the outfit had broken off. Don't even know if it's worth gluing back as I never would have noticed given what it's supposed to look like.

Black Widow looks as expected, as far as likeness goes.
From the left profile and 3/4, I think it not only clearly looks like SJ, but they captured a look of pursed-lipped exertion/determination remarkably well.
From straight on and the right profile the likeness may not look as strong , but it's still fully acceptable at this scale, IMO.
I'm satisfied with BW.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote