Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 04-23-2020, 10:28 AM   #21
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

I assume he has heard horror stories about unscrupulous buyers pulling money back from a sale and getting away with it. He may also never have used PayPal and be wary (or both). I have never heard anything about Ron in a bad light so I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 10:49 AM   #22
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I heard it’s not only Squirrel Girl, but Squirrel Girl standing over a beaten up, big green dude.
No one can keep a secret anymore.
Old 04-23-2020, 10:58 AM   #23
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I didn't tell them that you also asked for Galactus to be laughing in the background.

Come to think of it, that would be a funny ass commission theme for a Squirrel Girl fan.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 11:01 AM   #24
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
I didn't tell them that you also asked for Galactus to be laughing in the background.

Come to think of it, that would be a funny ass commission theme for a Squirrel Girl fan.
You running with the idea? You need some green in your (comic art) diet

CAF
Old 04-23-2020, 11:35 AM   #25
Marvelcap
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
I assume he has heard horror stories about unscrupulous buyers pulling money back from a sale and getting away with it. He may also never have used PayPal and be wary (or both). I have never heard anything about Ron in a bad light so I would give him the benefit of the doubt.
There could be a lot of different reasons why he chose to take payment this way but for whatever reason it was not a deal breaker for me. My dealings with Mr. Garney in the past have been nothing but positive. I've already dropped my check in the mail. I rarely write checks anymore and had to dig into the envelope after I sealed it because I remembered I forgot to sign the check.
Marvelcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 11:52 AM   #26
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelcap View Post
There could be a lot of different reasons why he chose to take payment this way but for whatever reason it was not a deal breaker for me. My dealings with Mr. Garney in the past have been nothing but positive. I've already dropped my check in the mail. I rarely write checks anymore and had to dig into the envelope after I sealed it because I remembered I forgot to sign the check.
Awesome - what are you getting?

CAF
Old 04-23-2020, 12:23 PM   #27
Marvelcap
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
Awesome - what are you getting?
I love his Captain America but I have gotten a Cap from him before so decided to go with a female character. I told him I usually get either Wonder Woman, Scarlet Witch or Storm. Since Wonder Woman was his first choice that is what I went with.
Marvelcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 01:37 PM   #28
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelcap View Post
Did he honor your original quoted price? What sort of turnaround time did he give u?
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 03:25 PM   #29
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

so how quick did he change his rates?
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 04:26 PM   #30
Sam
Hydra

Quote:
Is your friend aware that Venmo is operated by PayPal? I use both services, I just didn't know if she was trying to avoid PayPal out of principle to spite them
I didn't know that and I doubt she does. She will when I see her later though. She's not using Paypal because they not only allowed her to be robbed, but actually helped it happen by refusing to accept her USPS documentation as proof of receipt of goods. Basically, she felt like the only way they would take her side was if the buyer/thief admitted they were trying the steal from her, which we all know wasn't going to happen. So if she is using Venmo, I imagine she'll stop using them now and find another service if she can.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote