Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-18-2017, 04:46 PM   #3401
Sinema
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Thinking back I do think it is interesting that this Spidey was a waitlisted item being produced by Sideshow and then a miracle butterfly came down and put us in an alternate reality where it became generally available. Or was it Flashpoint Flash?
Be glad that they didn't hike the price up like they did with the batches of Wonder Woman and Superman
Sinema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 04:56 PM   #3402
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
It happens all the time with Large ES products. They're made in batches. No miracles required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinema View Post
Be glad that they didn't hike the price up like they did with the batches of Wonder Woman and Superman
Sad and True! But the thing that gets me is while it's waitlisted and I get on such a list no codes or rewards can be applied where as now lock and load.

But yes, no price hike is nice! I better shut my pie hole....
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:39 PM   #3403
zhiro
Kindly Asked To Leave

anyone recieve the 2nd batch production? how was the packaging? is it the same with black spidey? with the white cloth thing 😄
zhiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:24 AM   #3404
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

I have had my Spidey since the first release. Checked up on him yesterday and was horrified to discover a big crack in his leg.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7691.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	108159   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7703.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	183.9 KB
ID:	108160  
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:34 AM   #3405
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
I have had my Spidey since the first release. Checked up on him yesterday and was horrified to discover a big crack in his leg.

Hope it's an isolated issue but if that appeared out of nowhere then it's probably a stress crack.

Yeah I'm afraid to buy anything from sideshow that's not a simple museum pose.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:14 AM   #3406
Catman
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Sorry to hear it. That doesn't look like its at a particularly stressed point. Maybe the resin wasn't cured properly?
Catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:15 AM   #3407
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

I'd let SS know. Their Customer service is pretty solid. They may very well send you a replacement.
I hear about different factories having different QC. If it's true. This may have been from a mediocre factory. I had 2 replacement bodies sent before I settled on one-just because it had less issues than the previous 2. Still has odd Blue marks on the legs as if the paint didn't dry befor packaging.
At least we got this piece before the new prices came out.

Built2shred. I feel the same way but with some of the more intricate poses. It's all so new, and we don't know the longevity of these pieces. I live in the Midwest and base it off people that are in humid climates or Earthquake states. No complaints/stories from them and I figure mine will be alright.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:40 AM   #3408
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
wow this sucks. But it doesn't look like a stress fracture, they'll typically shoot across a larger area.

In any case I'd first ask sideshow for a replacement, and if you can't get one then PM me, there are excellent repair guys in this hobby. I just had a custom batman statue with a broken arm perfectly repaired and repainted. Happy to recommend a great guy who can fix it and will be better than new. Good Luck!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:24 AM   #3409
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
wow this sucks. But it doesn't look like a stress fracture, they'll typically shoot across a larger area.

In any case I'd first ask sideshow for a replacement, and if you can't get one then PM me, there are excellent repair guys in this hobby. I just had a custom batman statue with a broken arm perfectly repaired and repainted. Happy to recommend a great guy who can fix it and will be better than new. Good Luck!
Thanks I'll see what Sideshow says first. Appreciate the help.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:48 AM   #3410
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Thanks I'll see what Sideshow says first. Appreciate the help.
No worries. This kind of stuff shouldn't ruin the hobby for you. It can be fixed! Just like a dented bumper on a car, just need to make sure you take it to a quality body shop LOL!!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote